PDA

View Full Version : "Team Choosers"

brdad
02-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Perhaps there is an official name for these, but team choosers is the best I could come up with for a quick post.

A group of us play a game related to Canasta called Hand & Foot, and often hold tournaments where we get 4 tables together and play for fun. Everyone brings some food, so it's never a bad time.

Anyway, we usually just write numbers on slips of paper and everyone draws for partners. I decided to bump it up a notch and create these. They went over quite well, everyone loved them. So I am presenting this more of an idea than a quality piece of work. It could easily be implemented in other games or competitions.

They are carved from pine. One of the other players makes trophies, I used that design to create the hand and foot pattern for the left half. All the straight edges I placed index marks on while carving and cut with a table saw afterward. Then I cut the two matching parts in two using a scroll saw.

Icutone2
02-23-2009, 01:50 PM
Those look great! I wish I could paint that good the text is fantastic thanks for sharing them.

Digitalwoodshop
02-23-2009, 02:00 PM
For Centerline Text I just rough paint the letters and keep cleaning out the text to get a thin coat. After is is Dry, I sand it flush for a crisp paint job.

Nice idea.

AL

Icutone2
02-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Digitalwoodshop Thanks I will try that next time, almost sounds to easy!
Thank You
Lee

HelpBot3000
02-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Brdad, those are really cool looking! I'm sure they went over very well. Keep up the great work and keep those pictures rolling in, I love 'em.