PDA

View Full Version : Next contest need member's input

Ike
02-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Had to make a new thread! Sorry to see 6 members don't want another contest. Wish I knew why they don't? But the Yes votes have it!

Just one issue, Jason brought up a great question...Mother's Day was suggested for the theme. That almost 3 months away, gives us plenty of time, but...... what about Easter?!

We decided the single class and a sign for a project. I had several ideals for a Mother's day sign and it can be done with Easter too. So do we need another vote for a Mother's day or Easter theme ?! Make the contest a Mother's day or Easter theme?....Or both?

I need input of what all who voted what they think? Even the nays please share why you don't want another contest. It is for fun and sharing and I wish I had enough money to award prizes to all who enter but the best I can do is 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Being a sign project there is no excuse for anybody not to enter. A sign requires the CW/CC to make so the playing level is even!

Help me out fellow members, an Easter theme or Mother's day theme or both? This time for sure we will have plenty of time to complete the project, no excuse!

Ike

Ike

mifflinlake
02-22-2009, 05:34 AM
Ike,

As I stated on the last contest. The winners are the users of the forum. I have only had the CW since November and have gotten so much useful info off this forum. By looking at the ideas of others, I have learned the capabilities of this machine. When users post their MPC files it gives me the opportunity disect a project and see how talented others are and the way they have constructed something. I can now use techniques I have learned here to use on my projects. I posted a project that I designed from scratch on the forum about three weeks ago and I am honored that the MPC's have been viewed over 600 times. I think we should do both and Easter and Mother's Day project and post the picture of the final project along with the MPC. Ike if you PM me your name and address I will send something towards the prize's, you should not have to bear the burden of doing all the prizes from your own pocket.

John

Ike
02-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Ike,

As I stated on the last contest. The winners are the users of the forum. I have only had the CW since November and have gotten so much useful info off this forum. By looking at the ideas of others, I have learned the capabilities of this machine. When users post their MPC files it gives me the opportunity disect a project and see how talented others are and the way they have constructed something. I can now use techniques I have learned here to use on my projects. I posted a project that I designed from scratch on the forum about three weeks ago and I am honored that the MPC's have been viewed over 600 times. I think we should do both and Easter and Mother's Day project and post the picture of the final project along with the MPC. Ike if you PM me your name and address I will send something towards the prize's, you should not have to bear the burden of doing all the prizes from your own pocket.

John

Thanks John I appreciate your kind words and the good thing I am in the soda business now. So I get the stuff at a good price, but not for free!

Now it is time to start a new contest!

Ike