PDA

View Full Version : Dummy needs a hand

JVallario
02-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Try as I might I can't seem to get this right. I want to duplicate the right side of this back pattern on the left side. Of course I need to eliminate the left side. My attempts in photoshop (no pattern editor) have been unsucessful. Any help would be appreciated. FYI it is going to be a sign for a massage therapist. Thanks

Kenm810
02-21-2009, 10:31 AM
John,

Do you want to try it with Splines in CW Designer
the right side is mirrored to make the left.
You can control the splines on the left
by moving the ones on the right.

Donboy
02-21-2009, 10:45 AM
Try doing just the right side then mirror it horizontally.

Donboy

bjbethke
02-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Try as I might I can't seem to get this right. I want to duplicate the right side of this back pattern on the left side. Of course I need to eliminate the left side. My attempts in photoshop (no pattern editor) have been unsucessful. Any help would be appreciated. FYI it is going to be a sign for a massage therapist. Thanks
You could use the mirror function, draw one side then mirror the other side. When you adjust the vectors both sides will stay the same. You could right click and "Select All" that way you can see how the pattern moves. If you have centerline you could use a “V” bit and carve the complete project with one bit and it would be faster than raster patterns, if you add images the images will carve first.

JVallario
02-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Thank Folks- I figured out the mirror way just after I posted this. Still I used Ken's rendering. Wish I have seen the last post first but it's runnibg now.
Thanks