PDA

View Full Version : Machine Appears to Not Recognize the Bits

Jossef
02-20-2009, 08:36 PM
I know I have seen this before, but I am a long cut and the CarveWright asked for another bit. The arm that swings out to check the bit then snaps back won't come out. I can move it by hand, but it never comes out when it should.

Thanks,
Joe

Beerfaced
02-20-2009, 08:44 PM
it is pushed out by the z truck when it travels to that side. Are you getting movement on the z truck? Is it traveling unimpeded right to the far side away from the control panel after you tell it you have loaded the correct bit?

Jeff_Birt
02-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Do a search for 'bit plate'. It is likely that something is blocking the carriage from making it all the way back to flip out the bit plate.

fwharris
02-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Joe,

When you check the movement of the z truck for flipping the bit plate, verify that it is not being stopped by the wire guard in the back corner of the lid behind the cut motor. That is if there is one on it. I believe on the newer units it is no longer on there.

Even though you can move it by had it does need the force of the z truck to push it out. Give the bit plate spring a shot of air under and around the spring.

Hope you are able to stay in the "load bit" routine until you get it to work!

Jossef
02-21-2009, 07:52 AM
I got it going and was able to finish the piece. It must have been some dust getting in the way. I cleaned it some more and it started working. Thanks to all for helping me out.