PDA

View Full Version : Deisgner VS Pattern Editor

gwiz
02-20-2009, 09:48 AM
I am curious. What capabilities will pattern editor, beside the obvious - to edit patterns, give me that designer does not have?
Thanks
Tom

fwharris
02-20-2009, 09:59 AM
I am curious. What capabilities will pattern editor, beside the obvious - to edit patterns, give me that designer does not have?
Thanks
Tom

Tom,

You basically said it, it allows you to edit images to create patterns. It is LHR's version of image editing software like PS, Corel etc.

ChrisAlb
02-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Well, effectively, that's it. With the pattern editor you can edit patterns that you create or scan with the probe.

Designer has no pattern "editing" capabilities. It only lets you arrange existing patterns and produce projects.

mtylerfl
02-20-2009, 01:42 PM
One other very obvious feature - the Pattern Editor is the only way to be able to retrieve a scan from your memory card after a scan is performed.

Of course, the Pattern Editor comes included with the scanning probe ("duh" on myself). It doesn't make much sense in my mind to purchase the Pattern Editor software separately without the probe - you miss so much of the benefits and, yes, the fun of having a "complete system"! (I ordered the probe before my first machine order arrived from Sears).

Scanning allows anyone to create a practically limitless supply of full-dimensional patterns very easily from objects around the house, the dollar store, garage sales or the flea market.