PDA

View Full Version : 1.132 Problem

flyingemt
02-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Is anyone having problems with board settings and the upgrade? I have been trying to carve a small piece, 2.5" wide x 14" long with 2 logos on it. I have centered the logos on the piece, with what seems to be .375 inches on top and bottom. When I attempted this carve, it cut the logos at the top edge of the piece, thus ruining my attempt. Programming issue perhaps? I love the "optimal" setting, but thinking about rolling back to 1.126.

Flying.....

Dan-Woodman
02-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Sounds like you told it to "place on edge" at the machine. Also , you can run the piece through the machine first useing "options" to measure board, and then use those measurements in designer.
later Daniel

flyingemt
02-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Copy that. Yep, youre right Dan, now that I think about it. Sheesh, it was late, no coffee, duhhh on my part, lol.

This is actually going to be the front plate of a tiered military coin rack.

Dan-Woodman
02-19-2009, 09:42 PM
You sound like good ol' Mo. weather. One day your hot, next day your cold.
If you haven't carved the shield before, you may want to try it on some scrap first. really small letters are a little tricky.
later Daniel

flyingemt
02-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Youre right about the hot n cold Dan. Has to do with "Married with Children!" My shop is the only free zone I have! :-D

But, am making these for the First Sergeants Council at my base.

Planning on putting a coffee maker in my shop this weekend! LMAO!

Dan-Woodman
02-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Good luck with your project.
Did you happen to make it to the woodworking show last weekend?
later Daniel

flyingemt
02-19-2009, 09:50 PM
No, wish I had. I was graduating from the First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell AFB, in Alabama. What a drive! sheeesh!

Dan-Woodman
02-19-2009, 10:03 PM
WOW Way to go .
I was at the show Sunday, and was able to meet Jason and Joe from CW. I did a show and tell of CW projects at our Lee's Summit Woodworkers Guild booth. Jason was bringing potential buyers by showing them my projects.
later Daniel

MAX COX
02-20-2009, 07:25 AM
DAN, i was at show Saturday an also talked with joe and jason. also stopped by and talked to some of the people in your woodworkers booth. saw the sign and logo you carved. they
looked great / max

Dan-Woodman
02-20-2009, 08:33 AM
Hey Max
I just carved the sign and logo,another member painted them. The long lettered sign is White Oak . Hard as rock. The board was 16" wide x8' long. Kevin planed it then ripped in half so It would fit the CW. I had to rout each letter with 3 passes in "outline". Really put the CW to the test as it was struggleing sometimes.
later Daniel

Digitalwoodshop
02-20-2009, 09:44 AM
For your small chunks of wood I believe you would be better off making a sled with a 4 inch block on the right side of designer and always use place on edge. That way you get a predictable object placement and frugal use of wood.

Your artwork would then have a 4 inch block on the right side of designer and you would start your artwork to the left of that. I just masking tape the wood to my sled.

AL