PDA

View Full Version : Help with logo

Smurfman49
02-19-2009, 09:52 AM
As time progresses I seem to be getting denser. I have this logo that I have tried to carve that looks worse each time I tweak it with all the suggestions I have found on the forum. I have tried pattern editor and carve pic but cannot make it look good. Any suggestions? or can someone do teir thing with it....

blantz
02-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Here is my rendition on the logo. Note the pattern is inverted in the picture.

bjbethke
02-19-2009, 11:05 AM
As time progresses I seem to be getting denser. I have this logo that I have tried to carve that looks worse each time I tweak it with all the suggestions I have found on the forum. I have tried pattern editor and carve pic but cannot make it look good. Any suggestions? or can someone do teir thing with it....
Hope this helps, for logos I like to make them from vector drawings; I use Corel or Adobe Illustrator to trace the JPEG file and convert it to a vector, then save it in PNG format at 300dpi, remove the background and load it into the Pattern Editor. I used a little Draft on the MPC to give it a 3d look.

Icutone2
02-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Now that is a sign to be proud of! Looks great to me.

Icutone2
02-19-2009, 11:21 AM
BJB did you carve that sign or is that the background wood in designer?
Wow did you get the wood pattern into designer?
Thanks

bjbethke
02-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks
It is the background wood in designer, I carve a lot of cedar, Cedar trees grow great in this rock infested ground on my land, but then I do have lots of pine, oak, hickory and walnut also. Cedar grows on the poor ground, lots of clay and rocks. That was a photo of a cedar board I had. I made the image 512 x512 pixels, and loaded it into the CW wood folder. I named the file "Pine_Cedar" and it need to be a JPEG format image.

Icutone2
02-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Thank you I will give it a try and see if i can add some to my files.

Icutone2
02-19-2009, 12:21 PM
That did it THANKS again!

Icutone2
02-19-2009, 12:47 PM
sorry me again, how can you change it in the designer if it willnot show up as a board pattern?

Icutone2
02-19-2009, 12:49 PM
sorry it works now just wait for it.
Thanks again

bjbethke
02-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks
Most of the time I make the Edge Route Profile on my Router table, so I also put that edge profile on a Designer wood image so it is not on my MPC when I load the MPC to my CW machine, Memory Card. If I try to sell a carving I like the edge profile on the screen print image. This way I don't forget to remove it when I load it to my card. I also store my patterns I make on CD's, I like to add a screen print to each pattern folder so I can tell what is on each CD I have. I make each folder with the Image I used to make the PTN and include the image, PTN, MPW, MPC, and the screen print in each folder. A CD holds 100 to 150 patterns, depends on the image I make them with. I guess I should try to sell a few of them to pay for my new Band saw mill. Hope this helps you. I use Windows XP and they have a function called “Thumbnails” it shows all the images on each folder.

Icutone2
02-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Thanks that looks like a good way to keep all files in order. I currently have them in a clump on the hard drive and I need to organize then and then I can see what I really have. thanks again