PDA

View Full Version : New user - new machine questions

Furrball
02-18-2009, 08:47 PM
I am trying machine out for first time and have a couple questions.

1. I can't get the bit into the machine. The quick release doesn't seem to want to take the bit...I know this is vague but any suggestions. The quick release doesn't move at all.

2. My first pattern is 9"x9". I made a board 17" x 9" and the machine wants to size the pattern because it thinks the width of the board is too narrow. Should I let it resize the pattern, add a shim piece or just ignore the machine request.

Thanks

Jeff_Birt
02-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Run over to the main CarveWright website (carvewright.com) and look under the Support Tab -> Downloads section and... heck here is the link: http://carvewright.com/downloads/Care_and_maintenance_of_the_QC.pdf.

This is the QC bible. Read through it and I bet the QC operation will be much more clear. I would suspect that you just need to clean and lubricate it as there is a chance that the lubrication from the factory has dried up. You will hear a definite 'snap' when it works properly. The #1 most important thing to remember about the QC is to wipe out the QC and bit adapter between every bit change. This keeps the mating surfaces clean and allows them to properly seat.