PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to get the Subscription

hess
02-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Ordered and paid for the subscription yesterday got the invoice from CW today when I enter the SN for the lic it tells me it is activated and I will get an Email with the project within 30 min that was 4 hours ago. So how long it is going to be?

Hess

Digitalwoodshop
02-18-2009, 01:10 PM
It has been posted here before that the Subscription is for future projects. You are not the only one dissapointed to find that you could not get the past month's project with your subscription. You can purchase it at the regular price. It is like seeing a great Newspaper on the news stand. You call the Paper and get a Subscription to it and then get the next issue, not the one you saw on the stand. It is the difference between Purchase and Subscription.

A Plain English Statement of what a Subscription purchases might prevent confusion. Something like this.

"Your purchase of this Subscription will result in you being sent NEXT Months Project and does not apply to LAST months project" "You can always purchase past Month's projects at any time at full price, the Subscription Price does not include previous projects". Thank You for your Purchase, The CarveWright Team.

AL

Jeff_Birt
02-18-2009, 02:35 PM
That is a good point Al. I never have received the current months issue when I have subscribed for a magazine. :)

Amonaug
02-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Yeah I was going to make a similar comparison. Buy a subscription to a magazine or any subscription and it's usually for the next issue, then if it's a 1 year subscription it starts from the next issue to 1 year later not from the date of purchase.

cnsranch
02-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Except for Wood Magazine which typically bills four months before renewal :cool:

hess
02-18-2009, 07:27 PM
It has been posted here before that the Subscription is for future projects. You are not the only one dissapointed to find that you could not get the past month's project with your subscription. You can purchase it at the regular price. It is like seeing a great Newspaper on the news stand. You call the Paper and get a Subscription to it and then get the next issue, not the one you saw on the stand. It is the difference between Purchase and Subscription.

A Plain English Statement of what a Subscription purchases might prevent confusion. Something like this.

"Your purchase of this Subscription will result in you being sent NEXT Months Project and does not apply to LAST months project" "You can always purchase past Month's projects at any time at full price, the Subscription Price does not include previous projects". Thank You for your Purchase, The CarveWright Team.

AL

Al You are correct . I will say most of the problem could be stopped with some clear communication when you buy the Subscr just spell it out so the buyer understands that way they make an informed decision and dont get billed on the card before they ever get the item. Dont believe many of us buy things and agree to wait that long. I will say CW has fixed the problem at lest for me

Hess

hess
02-19-2009, 11:20 AM
That is a good point Al. I never have received the current months issue when I have subscribed for a magazine. :)

Hope this will help clear this up. this is a bit of a e-mail from Mike to me about the issue

"I did receive an email from Joe at LHR confirming the situation was made right, and that you had received erroneous information in the beginning. He says the policy is NOT to make people wait, and to immediately provide them with whatever project is currently active (in this case, the Wilderness Clock, since the Tea Box was not yet activated.) So, he said you were absolutely correct and has briefed everyone so they are clear on the proper policy."

Hope this makes it clear for anyone wanting this great Subscription. My thanks to Mike, Joe, and you Jeff for your help

Hess

PS wait till you all see the Tea Box it is great!!

Hess