PDA

View Full Version : Pattern help needed

Alsdad
02-17-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm a Newbie and I'm stumped. I've seen all the great patterns folks have posted and decided to try my hand at it. I've tried to create a pattern all weekend and it should be simple - guess I'm not geeky enough to do it.

I am trying to make a pattern of six pointed star (basically a Star of David) which is the outline only. I want place circular carved areas inside the star. The final product would be a flat cutout star with circular carved areas in it. If someone can make the outline pattern I'll place the carved circles. Can anyone help me? Thanks for your help.

Alsdad

AskBud
02-17-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm a Newbie and I'm stumped. I've seen all the great patterns folks have posted and decided to try my hand at it. I've tried to create a pattern all weekend and it should be simple - guess I'm not geeky enough to do it.

I am trying to make a pattern of six pointed star (basically a Star of David) which is the outline only. I want place circular carved areas inside the star. The final product would be a flat cutout star with circular carved areas in it. If someone can make the outline pattern I'll place the carved circles. Can anyone help me? Thanks for your help.

Alsdad

Rather than making your pattern, I made an AVI lesson. This way you, and others, will better learn the concepts involved.

Drop down to the "Download" section of my signature, below, and select "Star of David".
Enjoy the lesson.
AskBud

bjbethke
02-17-2009, 01:20 PM

Alsdad
Star pattern, the star is two triangles - I added a circle in the center to fill the center of the star so you could add an image to this point. The MPC shows how I did this, you can make patterns from this MPC, or PM me and I will send you my complete file with the MPW's, it is about 1 MB in size.

Alsdad
02-17-2009, 08:46 PM
BJB and Bud

Thanks a lot for the help. I used both your designs and tutorial and now have come up with a better design then I originally planned. After I get it completed I'll post it. Thanks again.

Alsdad