PDA

View Full Version : Cribbage Board

Woodnutt
02-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Well, I finally have something worth sharing I think. I have done a few other carves and created some fine scrap wood :mrgreen: but this is something I haven't seen too many of here.

I haven't carved it yet so not sure how it will come out but the basic pattern for the board should be good. The skunk symbols may need to come out and for thos that have the centerline I am sure you would want to change to that for the lettering.

Please enjoy the pattern as I have gotten many from here that so many have graciously shared.

James

Woodnutt
02-14-2009, 11:21 AM
FYI - I made a mistake on on the hole sizes they should be 7/64 or they will be slightly loose. You could also use custom pegs as well. I will repost when I figure out how to change size or redo it if I can't.

James

Actually there are several boards and pegs available that 1/8 holes and pegs so I guess I will leave it for now, being lazy!

Woodnutt
02-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Just finished carving one for a friend and it came out pretty good, here is the one I carved.

Guess I got to get centerline text the raster text just don't cut it.

LollyWood
02-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Very good James. I'll be adding this to my files, if you please? I make a few of these for FFs in Vegas. Hey, try using outline rather then raster. It gives a "some what" centerline look. Till you get the software. Good job on the layout, now post a finished pic, love to see it.:D

andes
02-14-2009, 07:50 PM
I just tried to open both of the patterns, they both error out, has anyone else had that problem?

Kenm810
02-14-2009, 08:29 PM
I just looked at both with no problem.

andes
02-14-2009, 08:47 PM
I just looked at both with no problem.

Not sure why they error out, but they will not open for me, just tried again; strange.

Dan-Woodman
02-14-2009, 08:56 PM
No problem on my end .
later Daniel

Kenm810
02-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Andrea,

Which Version of Designer are you using ?
It opened in 1.132 for me.

andes
02-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Andrea,

Which Version of Designer are you using ?
It opened in 1.132 for me.

The latest ver. 1.132

Woodnutt
02-22-2009, 02:07 AM
I will try to post pics this week of 2 boards I did if the wife remebers to get the camera from her friend's house. Came out pretty good other than the skunks. For the first there is boxes around the skunks that I didn't really see in designer. The second I got rid of the box around the skunks but the skunks are a little messed up now.

DJKnutsen
05-25-2014, 04:33 PM
James...(aka WoodNutt) I'm just learning to use my CW... but I love cribbage, and was very interested to find your 4-man board... I down loaded the mpc, and ran it (at this date, I'm running Designer 2.7) and it ran fairly well, but I did notice a few jitters and a half dozen holes were slightly out of line... When I investigated, I discovered that one of the carved corners was programmed in three times.. each exactly the same specs, it just caused the machine to bobble a bit, then I found a couple of hole sets programmed twice, with just the slightest difference in specs, this caused the slight miss-alignment... But the board I carved from your original mpc was quite acceptable... in fact great!! I did go back and routed in a hole that holds a snap cap pill holder (1" x 1.75" from REI) to hold all the pegs.. all in all, I'm very pleased with the end result... If you gave me the OK (and anyone was interested..) I'd upload the modified mpc.. but it's all yours....Thanks again... cheers, Dave 6969269691

henry1
05-25-2014, 05:34 PM
I see the hole are not deep enough they are 1/4 deep should be 1/2 to hold the peg right up

cjudas
05-25-2014, 05:49 PM
If possible, I would love to use your mpc. Looks GREAT

SteveNelson46
05-25-2014, 09:41 PM
If possible, I would love to use your mpc. Looks GREAT

I posted one a couple of years ago. It's still available on the Little Red Woodshop website and it's still free

http://www.mediafire.com/?xl0cj3a2i7ohez4 (http://www.mediafire.com/?xl0cj3a2i7ohez4)

DJKnutsen
05-25-2014, 11:14 PM
I've done some thinking on this, and here's the deal... "WoodNutt" originally posted his 4 man cribbage board MPC... so he wanted folks to use and enjoy it... which I've done!! I added the cup holder hole to accommodate the peg cup, and deleted errant coding from that original... otherwise, we owe it all to “James Findley”..aka..'WoodNutt'or 'Finman'... It's his good work, and to him I say THANKS!!

I also enlarged the board to measure 7.25" x 23.75" x 0.75 to accommodate standard boards from Lowe's, and deepened the peg holes to 0.625" to make the pegs stand upright. I selected: Center on board, stay under roller=NO, Cut to size=NO and the per-pass cut depth for the cup holder hole is 0.25" run time a little over 1.5 hour at Optimum

henry1
05-26-2014, 05:17 AM
I posted one a couple of years ago. It's still available on the Little Red Woodshop website and it's still free

http://www.mediafire.com/?xl0cj3a2i7ohez4 (http://www.mediafire.com/?xl0cj3a2i7ohez4)
I have carved a few of those they are great ,,steve after you made one all ready to go what would be a good price for one made in oak

SteveNelson46
05-26-2014, 01:23 PM
I have carved a few of those they are great ,,steve after you made one all ready to go what would be a good price for one made in oak

I rarely sell anything that I make. Although I don't consider myself an artist, each project I make is artwork and no one wants to pay for what it is really worth and I don't like competing with the cheap stuff made in other countries by cheap labor. I'd rather give it away to friends (this forum included) and family than sell it for less than what I think it's worth. Too much pride I guess. With that said, I would put a price of $100.00 on it but, I doubt that it will sell for that.

BTW, here is the whole project with the card suit patterns that are free.

Link to Amazon for pegs:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=cribbage+board+pegs&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=2014156981&ref=pd_sl_2jugha7brj_ee

rickroy
04-25-2015, 10:01 AM
For those of you who, like me, make a lot of cribbage boards, I would encourage you to contact Pete's Pegs for cribbage pegs. I purchase them 500 at a time and get a great price. Nice people to work with too. http://petespegs.com/