PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service

dlnicho
02-13-2009, 04:17 PM
New here and from what I have read the customer service for this machine is above and beyond owners expectations. Within the next month I will either be purchasing A CarveWright or a Craftsman from Sears which after researching I learning there has been many problems with the Craftsman and more complaints on member service which is of all importance to me. Any recommendations on which system would be best would be appreciated.

toymaker
02-13-2009, 04:25 PM
New here and from what I have read the customer service for this machine is above and beyond owners expectations. Within the next month I will either be purchasing A CarveWright or a Craftsman from Sears which after researching I learning there has been many problems with the Craftsman and more complaints on member service which is of all importance to me. Any recommendations on which system would be best would be appreciated.

Technically, the two machines are the same just with different logos on them. I am a Craftsman person by heart, however, there is much uncertainty in the Sears communinty on what the machine actually is. By Sears community, I mean the sales people, warranty people, etc. I would suggest you go with purchasing the machine from LHR itself. The customer service is FABO and they do actually know what you are talking about when you mention the name Carvewright.

cnsranch
02-13-2009, 04:26 PM
also check out the littleredwoodshop

Jason's a good guy.

jcorder
02-13-2009, 04:29 PM

Hello,

The absolute best place to purchase is from Jason. I wish I had found this forum before I purchased. Get a hold of him and let him quote you a price, you won't be disappointed.

Good luck
Jeff

Ike
02-13-2009, 04:46 PM

Instead of telling you what I have been told from LHR, I suggest you call them (713)473-6572. I own both and when I buy another one it will be another CW and not a CC. Will leave at that!

Several sources to buy the CW all different prices. Directly from LHR $1899.99, Amazon.com $1699.99 free shipping, Littleredwoodshop, $1699.99 free shipping. Harbor Freight $1699.00 not sure about shipping. Lowes $1898.00 pick at store.

Sears $1999.00 with mail in rebate $1799.00. Anyway the machines are the same. Call and ask LHR about the difference in quality control!

Ike

Wild Bill
02-13-2009, 07:23 PM

First time poster and wanna be owner. Please don't beat me if I'm wrong, but.....It seems some (many) selling this machine will take returns from dissatisfied owners within a reasonable amount of time. If you buy it directly from LHR there is a "no return" policy. Haven't heard what littleredwoodshop policy is.

Semper Fi
02-15-2009, 07:10 PM
I've owned them both and there isn't one iota difference between them, as long as you use LHR's service. If you are really worried about being able to return them, then in my humble opinion, you need to do some more research on this machine. Even if you have trouble during the first year, LHR will make it right, regardless of which machine you buy, as long as you don't exceed the hours of the warranty. Other than the frame, everything else is replaceable. Yea, they are that good, but there is a learning curve!