PDA

View Full Version : Image from Word File

Jossef
02-12-2009, 03:46 PM
I am trying to get an image from a word file into the Carve Wright software. Every time I get it in to the project, it crashes the program. Can someone tell me what's up. I am using an iMac computer.

Thanks,
Joe

cnsranch
02-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Don't know about Macs, but make sure you've saved your image as a png, or at least as a jpeg. I tend to take my images into Publisher instead of Word to convert them.

BBrooks
02-13-2009, 03:25 AM
I am trying to get an image from a word file into the Carve Wright software. Every time I get it in to the project, it crashes the program. Can someone tell me what's up. I am using an iMac computer.

Thanks,
Joe

I run in to this at my job all the time. When a picture is imported in to Word, it's properties change from a normal graphics file to an "object". You might be able to right click it or cmd-click click it and extract the image but I think it will only come out as a .jpg. It will, most likely, also be low resolution no matter what you do.

good luck

SeaCapt97
02-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Joe,

Might try this. Open the picture in any program you choose and enlarge it to whatever size you want. Next hit command, shift and 4 all at the same time. You will see a small crosshatched cursor cropping tool on the screen. Use this tool to highlight the picture from edge to edge and then hit enter. When you hit enter your Mac will take a screen-shot and will conveniently save it as a .png file. Look for the file in your documents or desktop. They're saved under a default name of picture 1, picture 2, etc. You may rename them anything you choose. The png should import directly to Designer. Hope this helps.

Bill