PDA

View Full Version : looking for ptn designer

skeeterman
02-09-2009, 05:20 PM
someone posted an vector ptn a while back with 2 ducks flying andsome background, here is the mpc, I was wondering if this could be made into a ptn, so that i can change the size, it is designed for 12" x 12" board i would like to make it smaller for an application on smaller board, any help would be appreciated.
Steve

James RS
02-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Just highlight everything and grab the corner and pull inward it will resize.

skeeterman
02-09-2009, 05:32 PM
cant do that any where you click it just highlights a small area

AskBud
02-09-2009, 05:37 PM

Open the design, go to EDIT and SELECT ALL.
Now point to the pattern corner and make the size you wish.
AskBud

mtylerfl
02-09-2009, 05:37 PM

Just press Ctrl-A. That selects everything - then you'll see the yellow resize arrows to re-size to whatever you need. You can also reposition everything at once too. Easy!

(if you want to do it "the old-fashioned way" :) you can do what Bud says - Select All via the Edit Menu. Both methods do exactly the same thing - I like to use the Windows short-cut keys most of the time, myself.)

Ctrl-S = Save
Ctrl-C = Copy
Ctrl-V = Paste
Ctrl-A = Select All

...and so on...

andes
02-09-2009, 05:42 PM

If you highlight everything on the left, it may be easier. Just click on the first item, then hold down the Shift key and click on the last item, this will select all the items. Then go back to the right and do as James said, grab the corner and resize.

mtylerfl
02-09-2009, 05:45 PM
If you highlight everything on the left, it may be easier. Just click on the first item, then hold down the Shift key and click on the last item, this will select all the items. Then go back to the right and do as James said, grab the corner and resize.

...she means if you have the Carving List open...thanks, Andrea - forgot about that method!

(Ctrl-A is still faster!:))

slcombs
02-09-2009, 06:16 PM
You Can also right click anywhere on the board then select Select All

STEVE

andes
02-09-2009, 07:54 PM
...she means if you have the Carving List open...thanks, Andrea - forgot about that method!

(Ctrl-A is still faster!:))

You are right the Ctrl-A is much much faster, I forgot about that one, so use to doing it the way I mentioned, need to start using the Ctrl-A LOL

mtylerfl
02-09-2009, 08:18 PM
You Can also right click anywhere on the board then select Select All

STEVE

Thanks, Steve...yet another method! (I didn't recall that one either!)

You could also marquee-select around everything as well. So, Skeeterman, you have about 5 different ways of "selecting all". Pick your poison!:)

skeeterman
02-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks to everybody, just got back to my computer and with your help i was able to change the size. thanks for your help.
does anyone know who did this flying ducks mpc with just the lines cut ?( im guessing you call it vector), I would like a turkey and scene , like this duck and scene has been done.
Steve

fwharris
02-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Thanks to everybody, just got back to my computer and with your help i was able to change the size. thanks for your help.
does anyone know who did this flying ducks mpc with just the lines cut ?( im guessing you call it vector), I would like a turkey and scene , like this duck and scene has been done.
Steve

Skeeterman,

I have it saved in my "Ike" folder. Best bet is was him. Do a search on "Ike" and you can spend a fair amount of time downloading his patterns...