PDA

View Full Version : Colored Lithos

hess
02-09-2009, 03:01 PM
You all may already know but I saw a litho in color today buy making a colored transparency and putting it behind the litho

fwharris
02-09-2009, 03:40 PM
You all may already know but I saw a litho in color today buy making a colored transparency and putting it behind the litho

Hess,

Great tip! Is that one of yours?

cnsranch
02-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Hmmm, where does one find clear cast acrylic..

James RS
02-09-2009, 04:44 PM
I think it's a printed overhead transparency place behind the regular litho is this correct?

Reset
02-09-2009, 05:45 PM
I think it's a printed overhead transparency place behind the regular litho is this correct?

Yes :)

Getting the transparency image the same size as the litho can be a bit tricky... otherwise it could look like you colored outside the lines.

Colored cellophane can be used too, in selected areas (with white corian), to create the effect similar to those black and white greeting cards with only a portion being colorized (like a rose, or heart).

Tommy :)

hess
02-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Hess,

Great tip! Is that one of yours?

Yea I wish heck I'm a newbie
I found the site called Vcrave while looking for sheet Corian they have a forum with some great litho
Dont know what they carve them with. there is a Eagle one that is awesome

Hess

hess
02-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Hmmm, where does one find clear cast acrylic..
It's not clear the site shows it with the light off looks white

Hess

hess
02-10-2009, 01:17 AM
Here is a link to the site but I'm unable to reach it tonight for some reason

http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=16

Kenm810
02-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Here's a little info I posted in Dec. of 2007

Quote: Coloring Corian Litho’s

You can use semitransparent acrylic Hobby paints on the lighted side of the Corian
or from inside surface of the Corian in a light box.
Even using colored marker pens lightly can add enough color to render a dramatic effect.
Remember a little color can go a long way, so do a few test runs first.

These aren't mine but it's a good example of a
before and after Litho that has been colored.

Digitalwoodshop
02-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Now that is a pretty SLICK idea..... Every new member of this forum brings new ideas to the table.... WOW... NICE !!!!

What is your light source?

The same idea could be applied to Lasering the back of a Mirror and making a Transparency MASK of COLOR and illuminating it the same way.... COOL....

AL