PDA

View Full Version : Need some quick help

lostinthefrost
02-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Our weather jumped from 0-30 here in the great state of Illinois. Most of the time my machine was stored inside of my house where it's nice and warm. I put it back up in my shop yesterday when it was a steamy 64 degrees for the first time in 4 months. I was able to crank out 2 nice carvings, roughly about 5 hours worth total. Today, it's a bit colder, but with some good heaters going it's about 50+ in my shop. First I kept getting board sensor errors. Now I am getting carving motor check errors. It's warm in there and I have run it in a bit colder weather before. Usually when you pop the carving bit in, it does the checks and spins 1 time before it checks the surface.

Any ideas? is it just too cold? anything to do with moisture?

Jeff_Birt
02-08-2009, 01:39 PM
You need to have the machine at 60+ degrees F.

lostinthefrost
02-08-2009, 01:39 PM
So do you think it's just a false error?

Deolman
02-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Since you moved the machine, the board sensor errors may be caused by a misalignment. I would start by downloading the Troubleshooting Guide from here:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=2073&highlight=troubleshooting%26quot%3B%26quot%3B&page=2

First, lightly grease the four posts and screws with white lithium grease. Then go to page 8 of the guide and follow the instructions under "Please Load Board Prompt Occurs" That will put your head in alignment. Next remove the crank and spray a small amount of the lithium grease on the inside where the crank goes. As a final check, use a bathroom scale and verify the head will crank to ~80-85 pounds of pressure. Finally, be sure the machine itself has warmed up to at least 60 degrees. (Not just 60 degrees ambient temperature.) Now give it a try again.

lostinthefrost
02-08-2009, 03:50 PM
I moved the machine early on in the week. I pulled the cover off and cleaned everything. It worked fine for 2 full carvings yesterday, but today it didnt want to do anything.