PDA

View Full Version : Ridge in carving?

djarboe
02-07-2009, 02:57 PM
I was doing a multi-hour plaque carving, and it got too late at night. So, I just lifted the cover, and resumed the next morning. The finished product has a ridge (small but noticeable) in it about where I left off. Is this likely due to letting the system cool down overnight?

b.sumner47
02-07-2009, 03:46 PM
If you plan on stopping your machine anytime,you should use the stop button near the control panel on the carver.Sometimes you will get a little ridge.I don't no why. CApt.Barry

liquidguitars
02-07-2009, 05:26 PM
I think it has more to do about down pressure of the table or movement of.

LG

djarboe
02-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Is pushing the stop button better than just lifting the lid? Does that stop the carving timer clock?

I did notice that the carving time counter continued, so my carving supposedly took 25 hours, when it really only took about 5 hour of actual carving time.

So, if the warranty is somehow tied to carving time, then just lifting the lid is a bad idea.

Sounds like I should plan ahead, just so I can complete the carving without an overnight "rest".

If you plan on stopping your machine anytime,you should use the stop button near the control panel on the carver.Sometimes you will get a little ridge.I don't no why. CApt.Barry

djarboe
02-08-2009, 01:14 PM
I didn't raise the rollers, but perhaps they "relaxed" a little overnight, since they were under pressure in only one position.

I think it has more to do about down pressure of the table or movement of.

LG

Jeff_Birt
02-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Is pushing the stop button better than just lifting the lid? Does that stop the carving timer clock?

Remember that the CW keeps track of different types of time:

1) Cut motor time
2) Power on time
3) Servoing time

I believe the warranty hours is based on cut-motor time.

Digitalwoodshop
02-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Your shop was cold overnight? I had a bit fall out of a bit holder overnight... Before I started checking the screws and using locktite.

Sounds like the rubber rollers have a flat spot in them now from being clamped overnight.

AL

djarboe
02-12-2009, 08:21 AM
Well, it probably did drop a few degrees, but not below 60.

Hmm, good point about the flat spot. I hadn't thought about that. Hopefully and flat spot has "relaxed" back to the original shape by now. I'll check that, however, before my next carving session this coming weekend.

Your shop was cold overnight? I had a bit fall out of a bit holder overnight... Before I started checking the screws and using locktite.

Sounds like the rubber rollers have a flat spot in them now from being clamped overnight.

AL

jerrbitt
02-12-2009, 01:18 PM
I believe the warranty is tied to cut motor time.