PDA

View Full Version : Using the chuck tool

hess
02-07-2009, 01:38 AM
I seem to be having problem using the chuck tool to remove the bit. It will go into place when I have the bit in hand and they it but when I use it when the bit is in the chuck it does not want to slide in around the chuck. It looks as if their tool is too narrow to go around the chuck it will just touch the insert line and go no farther.. I must not be holding my tongue right or something

Thanks Hess

SmileyRivet
02-07-2009, 02:07 AM
I seem to be having problem using the chuck tool to remove the bit. It will go into place when I have the bit in hand and they it but when I use it when the bit is in the chuck it does not want to slide in around the chuck. It looks as if their tool is too narrow to go around the chuck it will just touch the insert line and go no farther.. I must not be holding my tongue right or something

Thanks Hess

Hess, I figured that one out. With the walls of the tool pointing up, it is supposed to be narrower because it's supposed to push the collar up to release the bit when the tool slides into the groove on the bottom.

Amonaug
02-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Suggestion....don't use it.

Instead if you are having trouble removing a bit lightly tap the collar with something (perhaps the bit removal tool :) ). This will normally dislodge the fine dust that is preventing the bit from being removed. If it doesn't come out rotate the spindle and tap again and so forth. Using that method I have never needed the tool.

Dan-Woodman
02-07-2009, 01:48 PM
I had to start useing my bit removal tool when I bought a new bit with adapter. Seems it fits tighter than my old ones.
later Daniel

jcorder
02-07-2009, 09:22 PM
I had to start useing my bit removal tool when I bought a new bit with adapter. Seems it fits tighter than my old ones.
later Daniel

My new cutting bit is the same way. It is very hard to remove. Not sure what the difference is, but there is something.