PDA

View Full Version : No Contest

Michael Anthony
02-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Was going to enter this in the contest but as usual I had a lot of trouble with the design part, and since the rest of those guys did it the right way I dont feelit would be right. I needed a total of 8 mpc,s to do this, but only managed to do the three really simple ones, so I finally just went out to the shop and finished it it is supposed to be a nite lite.20105

Old Salt
02-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Looks like a winner to ME :D

Spanglerg@hotmail.com
02-06-2009, 10:56 PM
How was your finish accomplished?

fwharris
02-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Michael,

Great job and great idea!

LittleRedWoodshop
02-07-2009, 12:46 AM
that looks great........

ChrisAlb
02-07-2009, 05:18 AM
The only problem I see with this contest is that so far, I'd have to give EVERY entry my vote...http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

So you're ALL winners!!!

Nice job Michael and everyone!!

Michael Anthony
02-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Hi and thank you for the nice comments, I havent told the whole story yet, I had a lot of help on the design part (making the mpc,s) . The wheels I got from the pattern sharing thread, I believe Keenosan did them, The heart shape itself came from Dirty Dan ( I think? ) Jason from the little red woodshop showed me how to do the cutpath for the heart, FWHarris was a big help with the lucite panel, he showed me how to erase the background from the scan I did, and also how to get the carve region to work properly, so it was a group effort, so thanks guys you did good!:) The finish was a candy apple red over two coats of sanding sealer. I forgot to mention that Kenm810 also had a hand in helping, there are a great bunch of people here!:)

brdad
02-07-2009, 08:44 AM
I think it's a great job and a neat idea and inspires more ideas. I'm wondering now how easy it would be to make a car and have the side and front windows be mini lithophanes and have the side and front views of a child's face on them.

LollyWood
02-07-2009, 02:13 PM
There it is BR. You called your own poison.;) Can't wait to see the finished project.:D:D:D

Ike
02-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Hi and thank you for the nice comments, I havent told the whole story yet, I had a lot of help on the design part (making the mpc,s) . The wheels I got from the pattern sharing thread, I believe Keenosan did them, The heart shape itself came from Dirty Dan ( I think? ) Jason from the little red woodshop showed me how to do the cutpath for the heart, FWHarris was a big help with the lucite panel, he showed me how to erase the background from the scan I did, and also how to get the carve region to work properly, so it was a group effort, so thanks guys you did good!:) The finish was a candy apple red over two coats of sanding sealer. I forgot to mention that Kenm810 also had a hand in helping, there are a great bunch of people here!:)
You know what Michael I never said, all projects had to be original! If you used any free pattern from other members that is ok! Your design is your original ideal, if you got help to make it....great!!! I asked how to do something for mine, that I have not made yet!

So you fall under the spirit of the guidelines, describe how you made it even if it includes the sources that helped you and share the mpc ! The only true rule was the main portion of the project needs to be made with the CW/CC.

Like I said, you came up with the idea and I said you can use other parts no matter where they come from!

So feel free to enter in the contest! Remember this is for fun and to share the mpc. So you will be returning the favor of others who helped you!

Ike