PDA

View Full Version : How do I "raise" carving in the project?

Rocky
02-06-2009, 02:40 PM
I created the attached pattern, but when I use it (see mpc) it gets recessed into the wood. How can I change pattern/mpc to eliminate recess? I just want the outline of numbers, symbols and cards carved.

Thanks

mtylerfl
02-06-2009, 02:48 PM
I created the attached pattern, but when I use it (see mpc) it gets recessed into the wood. How can I change pattern/mpc to eliminate recess? I just want the outline of numbers, symbols and cards carved.

Thanks

Hello Rocky,

If I understand you correctly, you simply need to create a carve region around your pattern to give the effect of a raised carving. (read Tips & Tricks Dec '07 issue)

Rocky
02-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Hello Rocky,

If I understand you correctly, you simply need to create a carve region around your pattern to give the effect of a raised carving. (read Tips & Tricks Dec '07 issue)

Thanks, Mike, but I guess I didn't make myself clear. I just want to carve the numbers, lines, etc., but I don't want it sunken in the wood (or a surrounding carve region) as shown on the mpc. Does this help?

mtylerfl
02-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Thanks, Mike, but I guess I didn't make myself clear. I just want to carve the numbers, lines, etc., but I don't want it sunken in the wood (or a surrounding carve region) as shown on the mpc. Does this help?

Hi Rocky,

I think I know what you mean now. I removed the feather and changed the depth to a very shallow .062". Hopefully, that's the effect you were after. That's pretty shallow - you may need to experiment with the depth setting and increase it a bit...
(see photo)

Rocky
02-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Hi Rocky,

I think I know what you mean now. I removed the feather and changed the depth to a very shallow .062". Hopefully, that's the effect you were after. That's pretty shallow - you may need to experiment with the depth setting and increase it a bit...
(see photo)

Mike, you came through again...THANKS!