PDA

View Full Version : Run time on an out of box unit

hess
02-05-2009, 01:09 AM
How much run time should be on a new unit? I see SR has 45 min on an EBay unit I so 2hr 45 min and mine has only run by me for 10 min. Is it possible I got a refurb CR. payed for a new one

Hess

gwiz
02-05-2009, 06:59 AM
When I received my machine in December, purchased from Lowes and shipped directly from LHR, the hour meter had 2 hours 20 minutes on it. I called LHR and they said " that all machines get a test run of about that much time on them before they are shipped, for Quality Control purposes...

Thanks
Tom

Jeff_Birt
02-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Have you guys ever bought a new car? (Not a prefect analogy I know.)How many miles were on it? 100? 200? 256.4? In the end did it matter?

Drawing from my previous manufacturing experience: When you perform QC every unit gets a certain set of tests. Every so many units you do a more extensive set of tests.

If you bought the machine from CW or Lowe's etc then I have no doubt they are being straight with you. If you bought a machine on Ebay who knows, that is the chances you take.

Amonaug
02-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Have you guys ever bought a new car? (Not a prefect analogy I know.)How many miles were on it? 100? 200? 256.4? In the end did it matter?

Drawing from my previous manufacturing experience: When you perform QC every unit gets a certain set of tests. Every so many units you do a more extensive set of tests.

If you bought the machine from CW or Lowe's etc then I have no doubt they are being straight with you. If you bought a machine on Ebay who knows, that is the chances you take.

Well to make a point since both those products rely on time/usage to determine warranty. There is a huge difference between 250 miles on a 50,000 mile warranty and 2 hours on a 200 hour warranty. .005% for the car vs .01% for the CW

Just to play devil's advocate :D

Digitalwoodshop
02-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Is that Cut Motor Time? Or Power On time? Cut Motor is the Warranty number.

AL

hess
02-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Its cut motor time time on is 17 hrs

Thanks
Hess

hess
02-05-2009, 02:44 PM
There you go my concern exactly

Hess

hess
02-05-2009, 02:47 PM
When I received my machine in December, purchased from Lowes and shipped directly from LHR, the hour meter had 2 hours 20 minutes on it. I called LHR and they said " that all machines get a test run of about that much time on them before they are shipped, for Quality Control purposes...

Thanks
Tom

Well at least Im in the ballpark close to yours.

Thanks Hess

Digitalwoodshop
02-05-2009, 03:24 PM
WOW.... I would think a machine with 2 hours and 20 min of on time could have 17 minutes of cut time.... WOW... 17 hours of cut time....

Good Luck with your new Sears Machine.

AL

Jeff_Birt
02-05-2009, 04:02 PM
CarveWright has ALWYAS stated that when you buy a new machine any hours on it are not counted against your warranty. I believe that they also only consider cut-motor hours as well.

Why don't one of you guys who are wringing your hands over this give CW a call? They are nice people to talk to and they would be glad to explain the whole thing to you I bet. It would sure beat all the rampant speculation and needless worrying going on here.

Life is too short to spend it needless fretting. Just give CW a call and ask:)

liquidguitars
02-05-2009, 04:07 PM
What about running the unit backwards that- should fix it.. :)

LG

wasacop75
02-05-2009, 07:38 PM
would just plugging in the plug upside down make it run backwards??
or would it put the wood back on the carving??:rolleyes:

geekviking
02-05-2009, 09:58 PM
had to hang mine upside down to get it to run backwards... :cool:

hess
02-05-2009, 09:59 PM
CarveWright has ALWYAS stated that when you buy a new machine any hours on it are not counted against your warranty. I believe that they also only consider cut-motor hours as well.

Why don't one of you guys who are wringing your hands over this give CW a call? They are nice people to talk to and they would be glad to explain the whole thing to you I bet. It would sure beat all the rampant speculation and needless worrying going on here.

Life is too short to spend it needless fretting. Just give CW a call and ask:)

You know jeff calling them must be the only way to comunicate with them cause they sure dont return EMail. Not sales when you write to ask a question before you buy or after a sale. Or cust ser. I will say that Berry and Phil in support are great about getting back to you.

I guess the others Are just real busy.:-D

Besides where I live it is known as a long distance call, EMail is free, for now

Hess

hess
02-05-2009, 10:04 PM
WOW.... I would think a machine with 2 hours and 20 min of on time could have 17 minutes of cut time.... WOW... 17 hours of cut time....

Good Luck with your new Sears Machine.

AL

Oh I forgot a , On time is 17hrs