PDA

View Full Version : 3 in 1

Kenm810
02-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Just a Thought

I’ve been lubing my Machine’s QC Chunk with 3 in 1 oil and cleaning it,
each time I load a bit and adapter for a carving, since Jeff first recommended it.
I’ve tried just using my fingers, but unfortunately I have a mitt like a bunch of Bananas.
Then I remembered the little foam applicators I swiped from my wife dressing table,
when I was looking for something to apply a little lubrication to the “0” gauge engines I used to build.
They hold just the right amount of oil with out dripping or making a mess and
don’t leave any lint or fibers behind in the Chuck.
Also I often, put a small drop of 3 in 1 in the small recess at the top of the ¼” bit adapters,
then 20,000 rpm of the spindle lubes the upper parts of the QC Chuck that I can see or reach.

Ps. Yes, that is my original 60-V Groove bit and it's original adapter
Photoed today. http://forum.carvewright.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

geekviking
02-04-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm going to get some of these (not from my wife though, she'd notice them gone in a heartbeat :) j/k) and try 'em out, thanks!

cestout
02-04-2009, 01:35 PM
I have been thinking about a brush used to clean baby bottle niples.
Clint

Kenm810
02-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Clint,

Good thought -- Gerber sells them for about $1.50

forqnc
02-04-2009, 02:43 PM
I think I will have to get the wife to pick some up. Not too sure I feel comfortable asking a store clerk for Shadow Applicators. :)

MikeMcCoy
02-05-2009, 07:05 AM
I think I will have to get the wife to pick some up. Not too sure I feel comfortable asking a store clerk for Shadow Applicators. :)

My girlfriend tells me that kind of thing just shows that you are secure in your manhood. :roll: