PDA

View Full Version : Pattern Editor problem

myairplane
02-01-2009, 09:28 AM
I purchased the probe last nigth at Lowes, hoping the Pattern Editor would allow me to edit dome of the files I've downloaded off the Gallery sharing forum.. But when I load anythign into it, it tells me that I'm not licensed to edit the pattern.. even though it was posted on the forums for free usage..

Is there a way to edit anythng other than what I create?

Also, there isn't a help file for the pattern editor? I click on "Help" and then "Help Contents" but nothing comes up.. did I miss something?

Dennis

Jeff_Birt
02-01-2009, 09:33 AM
There are two issues here:

1) Yes you can only edit pattern files (*.PTN) that you create. This prevents somebody else from being able to take a pattern you were kind enough to give away for free from changing it just a bit and selling it.

2) When using Pattern Editor you should save your creations as MPW files. These are artwork files and can be shared with and edited by others that have Pattern Editor. You can also export a PNG of your pattern to share with others.

myairplane
02-01-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm working on one of the Harley Logo's.. can't sell that! lol Wouldn't have the money to fight the legal battles..

I did email the author but haven't gotten a reply yet..