fourth is a 13" x 21" oval carved out of birch with my carvewright
it is stained golden oak, laquered, and then glazed to highlight the carving
i think it turned out pretty good

deer pattern came from the pattern store

any comments welcome

kendall

Michael Anthony
01-31-2009, 07:26 PM
Hey Kendall : Looking Good Man, nice joinery on the doors too!!:)

Kenm810
01-31-2009, 07:42 PM
kendall,

Nice Job on all the projects,
I've never tried carving Birch
the finish you did looks as soft as Satin
Well Done!

coopertj
01-31-2009, 07:48 PM
Great job, I like them all but I kind of favor the Deer. What settings did you cave it at? I might try it myself but I'm one of those new guys on the block.
Tom

supershingler
01-31-2009, 08:55 PM
depth is .375 and height is 999 on the deer plaque

kendall

SharonB
01-31-2009, 10:52 PM
Kendall...I really like the deer plaque. But my favorite is the Ice Cream sign...it's so "old fashion" and goes so well with homemade ice cream. I received about twenty door panels for 50cents apiece. Have been wondering what to do with them and your doors give me great ideas. Thanks for sharing. SharonB

BBrooks
02-01-2009, 04:38 AM
Very sharp Kendall! But I really want to know where SharonB got 20 doors for 10 bucks! lol

CraigBrownDesigns
02-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Well done and smooth finish!

SharonB
02-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Bill... got the doors at my favorite place....Habitat. Was visiting in Reno, NV and stopped at Habitat. They must have had a couple hundred of them. I just picked out some I thought might work in the CarveWright. If they turn out as nice as Kendall's I might wish I'd gotten more. SharonB

Ike
02-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Bill... got the doors at my favorite place....Habitat. Was visiting in Reno, NV and stopped at Habitat. They must have had a couple hundred of them. I just picked out some I thought might work in the CarveWright. If they turn out as nice as Kendall's I might wish I'd gotten more. SharonB

Sharon what is Habitat? I live near Reno and never heard of them?

Ike

AskBud
02-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Habitat is a recycling center ( I think they are linked to Habitat for Humanity) that people can take their old items to, as they remodel their home/business. They are popping up all over the country.
AskBud