PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Previous Software Version

tcough3475
01-31-2009, 10:33 AM
I upgraded to 1.132 and now found out I may need to replace the Z bundle. I didn't have a Y axis error until this software upgrade. Does anyone know if I can "down" grade until I can replace the Z bundle? I have a carving I need to get out this weekend and can't wait for parts.

Thanks
Tracy

Amonaug
01-31-2009, 10:47 AM
If you have an earlier version saved you can either install it to a new directory and use it or install over your 1.132. As far as I know LHR doesn't keep an archive of previous versions.

If LHR doesn't mind I may setup somewhere on my website where some earlier version can be downloaded but indicate user beware as each new version usually fixes bugs from previous versions.

Jeff_Birt
01-31-2009, 11:20 AM
I very seriously doubt that the 1.132 upgrade has anything to do with your Y-axis error. What makes you think so?

tcough3475
01-31-2009, 11:27 AM
Everything was running great and then I upgraded. In a Troubleshooting post, the response's were all pointing to an older Z bundle creating the problem. Here's the post from last week:

I've been having a problem with a new carving I'm trying, it's similar to the Keepsake Project, but I used the CW supplied patterns and enlarged the width. As I'm attempting to carve it, I get a Y Axis Stall at various times in the carving (I've tried it several times).
In the past, I've noticed that as the carving bit moved back and forth across the project, the tip of the bit would come completly out of the workpiece as it completed the pass across the surface. While carving this project, I noticed that the bit tip would only exit the workpiece on the far side and would stay in the workpiece on the near side as the carving progressed. I also noticed that it seems like the machine is making these passes much more quickly than before. I've recently upgraded to V 1.132, and was wondering if the new release could be causing the problem and if anyone else has seen this.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I've attached the .mpc file for anyone that thinks it may be cause of the stall error.

If anyone has another thought, I'd appreciate it.