PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie

hess
01-30-2009, 12:22 AM
Hey All.

I just ordered a CW today from Jason. Been readin all the stuff here and under the Tips page on CW. Oh by the way my name is Hess, Live in Cleburne TX, and retired with the US DOJ. Been playing with wood lathes for awhile. Work with Corian a lot and hope to do some lithos.
I sure hope I get a good unit.

Anyone out there live around this area? Any MC riders out there? Any LEO's on the Forum? Well just wanted to shout out and tell you all Thanks for all the info you have all provided on here.

Oh also if anyone has a good used unit they want to sell let me know. I already wrote to SF but got no reply maybe he dont check his PMs or the forum much. If anyone knows how to reach him I would like to talk to him about his unit:-D

Ride Safe
Hess
Blue Knights
TX XXI

Ike
01-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Hey All.

I just ordered a CW today from Jason. Been readin all the stuff here and under the Tips page on CW. Oh by the way my name is Hess, Live in Cleburne TX, and retired with the US DOJ. Been playing with wood lathes for awhile. Work with Corian a lot and hope to do some lithos.
I sure hope I get a good unit.

Anyone out there live around this area? Any MC riders out there? Any LEO's on the Forum? Well just wanted to shout out and tell you all Thanks for all the info you have all provided on here.

Oh also if anyone has a good used unit they want to sell let me know. I already wrote to SF but got no reply maybe he dont check his PMs or the forum much. If anyone knows how to reach him I would like to talk to him about his unit:-D

Ride Safe
Hess
Blue Knights
TX XXI

Welcome to the forum, wow you are a go getter! Haven't received your new CW and you are looking for a used one!

Again welcome!

Ike

geekviking
01-30-2009, 12:15 PM
To your new addiction, it WILL be fun! :)

Seriously, this Forum is the greatest asset that comes with your CC/CW, the people are great, helpful, and sometimes we're even entertaining... :)

hess
01-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the forum, wow you are a go getter! Haven't received your new CW and you are looking for a used one!

Again welcome!

Ike

Thanks Ike. Good to be here.
i cant help it with wanting another I always like a back up. Problem is I had to put the bikes back in the back shop to make room. Wife great about tools not so about her bike being moved out of the main shop.lol

hess
01-30-2009, 12:36 PM
I hope addiction will be the norm Wife wants me out of the house back in the shop

Hess

geekviking
01-30-2009, 12:42 PM
even imagine all the ideas you are going to come up with for this thing when you get it! And I'm always anxious to see what new projects people do. ;)

Deolman
01-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Hesstx, the next smartest thing you can possibly do:

Make the first project into something for the wife. She will forgive you about the bike.

w2csa
01-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Welcome Hess,
I think I'll always be a newbee
This is a great forum with tons of info.
Originaly from Dallas, Now in the Frozen Tundra up North.
Have fun!!
Chris

earlyrider
01-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Greetings!
There's a bunch of bikers on the forum; my lovely wife rides a Sporty, and mine is a FXDWG. Both in cold storage as we had too much snow and ice for a new year's ride. The CW is in a nice warm place, however, needing a couple of parts to return it to firewood production. When I don't mess up a design or put the bits in sideways, its rewarding to make plaques with Bible verses to give to folks.
As CMA members, we appreciate the Blue Knights.
Ron

want2b
01-30-2009, 08:38 PM
From what I remember, Semper Fi was going to be away for a few days, you might go back through his post & verify, welcome and enjoy your carving(it's addictive).
Rick H

Ike
01-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Thanks Ike. Good to be here.
i cant help it with wanting another I always like a back up. Problem is I had to put the bikes back in the back shop to make room. Wife great about tools not so about her bike being moved out of the main shop.lol

Brother I am with you! Just divided my shop in half so my wife can park her car!

Ike

hess
01-31-2009, 01:59 AM
hey ER
My wifes on a Vulcan Custom I been the gamit from CR to Valks (wish I still had) just steped off a 109R because of the trans failures(120+ hp) they break now on a new Royal Star Tour Deluxe and love it rode 2k + in 4 days back in the fall.
My Daugther stole my Mean Streak and My SIL is on a 08 Ultra Candy red. These are officers in FTW BACA
My shope was alwys filled with bikes got 2 drive handy litfs and all the tools this year strarted to branch out of just wenching for a hoby not theres no room for the bikes. I guess I could move them into the house.lol Growning up in IA always new somerider who had his Harley in the living room.

Ride safe bro
Hess

hess
01-31-2009, 02:08 AM
Welcome Hess,
I think I'll always be a newbee
This is a great forum with tons of info.
Originaly from Dallas, Now in the Frozen Tundra up North.
Have fun!!
Chris

Hey Chris You did what I did but backwards. I use to live in the North moved to the South. Dont like cold but man it can get real hot in TX real soon and stay late like like when a MIL comes to visit:rolleyes:

hess
01-31-2009, 02:09 AM
From what I remember, Semper Fi was going to be away for a few days, you might go back through his post & verify, welcome and enjoy your carving(it's addictive).
Rick H

Thanks Man I got him its been sold. Thought I replied to you but cant see it thanks for the come back

Hess

hess
01-31-2009, 02:12 AM
even imagine all the ideas you are going to come up with for this thing when you get it! And I'm always anxious to see what new projects people do. ;)
Heck I was up all nite putting all the Tips and stuff in a notebook so I will have them on hand

Hess

hess
01-31-2009, 02:17 AM
Hesstx, the next smartest thing you can possibly do:

Make the first project into something for the wife. She will forgive you about the bike.

You got it there. shes real good about it, Up until 2 years ago I was buying Bikes every 6 mos it seemed, she never complained. Then I got real sick for the last 2 years and dont remember much of the time. Spent is in bed so shes happy to see me back out in the shop and knows when I feeling good I'm spendin money on somthin

I hope to get her using it. Heck got her to use a wood lathe so who knows:-D

Hess