PDA

View Full Version : Just a few more thoughts

cnc4me
01-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Here are a few more. What would you guys do different?

MikeMcCoy
01-30-2009, 08:51 AM
I like the looks of the one in the middle but to me, both of those on the outside look way to "busy" for what should be a more symmetrical appearance.

cnc4me
01-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Ok thanks for the feed back.

Ike
01-30-2009, 12:21 PM
I agree with Mike, but in the middle image the lower right side angle looks off. Did you use a snap grid to help you? Plus you can make one side and mirror it and it will be exactly the same on each side.

Ike

cnc4me
01-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Its just an optical illusion, they are all symetrical. I thought these might make unusual frames for projects, I'm trying to go for something out of the norm. Example- the 12 sided frame would be perfect for a clock project! I thought that I would have recieved better feed back on the textures, too me those are much more interesting. Imagine a customer looking at it and wondering how it was made.

geekviking
01-30-2009, 01:21 PM
The first of the three above, 12 sided outside & round inside, very different :)
I'm not seeing different textures though, am I missing something? Or did you just mean the shape?

cnc4me
01-30-2009, 01:58 PM
There is a similar post that has 4 other examples, " just some thoughts"

Ike
01-30-2009, 02:18 PM
There is a similar post that has 4 other examples, " just some thoughts"
Sorry I like the looks it would make a great contest project...hint hint You are right my eyes are off not your project. I still like the middle the best!

Ike

mtylerfl
01-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Its just an optical illusion, they are all symetrical. I thought these might make unusual frames for projects, I'm trying to go for something out of the norm. Example- the 12 sided frame would be perfect for a clock project! I thought that I would have recieved better feed back on the textures, too me those are much more interesting. Imagine a customer looking at it and wondering how it was made.

I like them all. Could serve a variety of purposes - frames, clocks, rosettes, windchime top to hang pipes from, etc., etc.

cnc4me
01-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Again thanks for the feed back. I'm planning on making up a good sized data base of these and thought about seeing if I could put them in the pattern depot. Please let me know if you have any suggestions!