PDA

View Full Version : Help with teaching the CC to shovel snow

RBeau1954
01-28-2009, 08:57 AM
Does anyone have a trick to teach the CC to shovel snow, there is about a foot of snow in my driveway that needs to be shoveled. I keep looking through tips and tricks but nothing on snow. Any help would be great.

thomasj
01-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Sorry...
It only shovels snow if the temp is above 60 degrees!!
:(

Kenm810
01-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Ya could order the cold weather
Snow Carver Attachments http://forum.carvewright.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Reset
01-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Other machines are better suited to snow shoveling. Now if you wanted to carve some really cool patterns in the snow...

Tommy :)

Reset
01-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Ya could order the cold weather
Snow Carver Attachments http://forum.carvewright.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

lol... now we only need the software revision!

Tommy :)

earlyrider
01-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Make sure to read the manual!

HelpBot3000
01-28-2009, 10:20 AM
You know there is a winter freeze that has already reached Dallas and is getting eerily close to Houston. I haven't shoveled out a driveway in years and all the shoveling equipment is at my dad's in Saginaw. I may need to borrow a machine and clear a path home if it snows down here. :)

wasacop75
01-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Well the ice hit central and northern Arkansas yesterday.
Not as bad as it was suppose to be, but lots of people out of
electricity.

Digitalwoodshop
01-28-2009, 12:10 PM
I have a retired Sony Engineer friend living in Massachusetts that has a blacktop driveway that he "Engineered" with a deep base of gravel and installed PEX tubing and a old oil furnace and wood stove in his garage. First sign of snow, he fires it up and no more shouveling.... He weighed the costs of paying someone to plow it with the fuel expense and he came out ahead with the system. The only problem area is where the state plows the snow into the driveway, he needs to tune the area up but for the most part it works.

Today we got 4 inches and sleet on top.... The PennDOT Plow truck ended up in the woods, bet it was the same guy that lay-ed a plow truck on it's side last storm.

A Money truck took out a guardrail and went into the woods this morning, they said the driver went from the seat to the passenger window and was walking woonded.... So much for the seat belt.... The Guard in the box was OK.... State Police was quick to get to the scene. Scanners.... You hear all the good stuff.....

Now as for the Carve Machine Shoveling Snow.... I have not seen patterns for wooden shouvles.....

AL

wood-of-1kind
01-28-2009, 12:30 PM
SNOW? It must be an American phenomenom. No such thing here in Canada.;)
Yah, right!!!

Digitalwoodshop
01-28-2009, 01:11 PM
SNOW? It must be an American phenomenom. No such thing here in Canada.;)
Yah, right!!!

Yes, I know that it is like working on a Dairy Farm as a kid.... WHAT SMELL.......

I drove in my old country neighborhood the other day playing tourist and I happend on a Dairy Farm and from a mile away I could smell it...... Like the Snow..... that is just White Grass.... Normal for Canada..... Watch out for the Snow Snakes.... There white...

AL

wasacop75
01-28-2009, 01:25 PM
;)
as a cop in northern indiana, i used to keep snow snake medicine under the front seat of the squad car....
those bites can be deadly...

HelpBot3000
01-28-2009, 01:49 PM
White snow snakes in the white snow and black ice over the black roadways. Sometimes you just can't win. :(

Pratyeka
01-28-2009, 02:24 PM
It's a lie! Every snowflakes look the same.

jonm3
01-28-2009, 04:43 PM
I had snow up in Frederickburg, VA and didn't do anything but work hard clearing the driveway. It was alot of work, but I got the job done. Well, it was easy, I was on a tractor clearing the driveway. I had about 3 inches of snow, today was melted turned to ice mixer, that was fun walking in it.