PDA

View Full Version : Scanning Probe Protection

Chino
01-27-2009, 09:16 AM
Hi
I'm a newbe. Got my CW about a month ago and I've been making sleds and carriers for it. Been reading forum posts and have read some posts on scanning probe problems. I came up with a solution to keep dust etc out of the Rev B probe connections. I went to my local computer repair store. I took the probe cable with me and asked them if they had (among there spare parts junk drawer) any soft plastic caps that would fit over the male end of the cable to cap it off. They did. Got two of them. Rectangular in shape. No cost. One fit over the cable end and the other fit over the female connection on the left side of the CW.
Works good. This should keep out foreign matter when carving and avoid connector problems.

fwharris
01-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Chino,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the great tip on the probe plug covers. Can you give us a little more detail on the parts?

badger
01-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Ive got to admit, Im impressed. Usually someones first post is loaded with a bunch of questions or problems.

Chino's first post is loaded with a tip.

Thanks Chino and welcome to the forum.

Chino
01-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi FW
Here are two pics of the caps. One shows the cap on the machine connection and the other shows the cap alone and one on the cable end.
It is said that" A Picture is worth a thousand words".