PDA

View Full Version : any las vegas area users

donnell
01-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Trying to figure out whether I should buy one, lots of bad reviews:confused:

LollyWood
01-25-2009, 11:52 PM
I have 2 machines. None under warrantee from day 1. Had a few clinks and clunks, but nothing major, and nothing I couldn't fix w/ the help of these folks in this forum. There is a learning curve w/ both the software and the gizmo, but it's time well spent when you see what comes out. We have near purfect weather for this thing, esp. this winter. Works best in 65+ degree, but summer, can't put it on the driveway when it's 115 (Jun-Jul;)) It can get a bit needy, but if you follow some basic rules, and set up & maintain w/ a routine, this thing is a Blast. It's a hobby machine, not designed for heavy heavy (ends meat) work, but you can make a few $$ w/ a little patients (aka Al, Chris, Ken, and a few other of our talented gurus)

But the big Bonus you've already discovered...THIS FORUM! Here is where you get questions answered, Project/Pattern Ideas, and "FREE" advice from some really amazing folks.

IMHO, this is $ well spent to give a good woodworking project that "TWANG." Plus, I've learned about working w/ cast acrylics and corian to do Lithos from the folks right here. (another very cool project.)

I'm out on the East side, Hollywood/Charleston area. Shoot me a Email/PM if I can be of any help.

HelpBot3000
01-26-2009, 09:16 AM
Here's the honest truth. This machine is not a table saw or a hammer. It's not intuitive like most tools are. You are going to have to spend some time learning not only the machine but the software as well. If you choose to skip the learning part you will be unhappy with your machine and will be adding your own negative review along side the others. However, if you really open up and learn this system and get past the learning curve you can ask almost anyone in here, you will see some amazing results. This machine has a lot of potential but just like with anything it all depends on how much you put into it as to what you get out of it.

cnsranch
01-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Last count, approx. 15,000+ machines sold - how many bad reviews have you seen vs. the praise you can find here on the Forum?

I could be wrong, but my guess is that if someone bought this machine, read the manual and then started to design and carve projects, they'd have tons of trouble - the manual's about 50 pages - you can't buy enough binders to house the info you can gain from this community. The first time you pick up a hammer, you're gonna miss the head of the nail a few times.

Read, learn, understand - that's easy to say - learn and understand being the hard part.

Spend some time really rooting around the Forum - look at some finished projects, read some threads.

This machine rocks.