PDA

View Full Version : majic wand

roughcut
01-23-2009, 11:51 AM
when using the pattern editor and the wand when I click on a area to delete it moves the pattern the first time I click then I have to click again on the area and it is ok .Does anyone else notice this or have I got something set wrong or is it just me..

Ike
01-23-2009, 12:03 PM
No it is not just you it is very annoying! Then if you do it enough the program crashes on me.

Ike

fwharris
01-23-2009, 12:22 PM
I get the same thing! Did you notice also that the area you click on the first time leaves the outline of where it was at?

roughcut
01-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Yeah mine does that too I guess the techs at CW are aware of it and will probably have it fixed in the next upgrade .i can live with it untill then . But some time it drives my pattern down so far I have to save it then reload it to continue.

Jeff_Birt
01-23-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm a bit confused about what you guys are describing. Are you saying that when you select a range of pixels with the magic wand and then use the eraser tool that the screen moves or your selection moves?

fwharris
01-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Jeff,

When we are using the wand do delete the background the image jumps or moves. In my case it is always to the lower right part of the edit screen.

take a look at the picture. You can see dotted lines of where the image was for the area I was trying to delete.

ChrisAlb
01-23-2009, 02:12 PM
This isn't "exactly" related but when I use the wheel on my mouse to zoom in and out (either in designer or PE), it will move a couple levels and then stop. It won't move again until I click on the board (designer) or pattern (PE).

Like, I'll click the wheel 4 times which should move it 4 levels of zoom but it only moves 2 until I click on it??

Anyone else have this?

fwharris
01-23-2009, 02:17 PM
This isn't "exactly" related but when I use the wheel on my mouse to zoom in and out (either in designer or PE), it will move a couple levels and then stop. It won't move again until I click on the board (designer) or pattern (PE).

Like, I'll click the wheel 4 times which should move it 4 levels of zoom but it only moves 2 until I click on it??

Anyone else have this?

I just did a test of what you are talking about and the image moved with each click of the wheel.

ChrisAlb
01-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Weird because I just tested what you were saying and the image didn't budge at all??

LOL...OK...now I'm confused again. My situation started with 1.131. nothing like it prior to that.

I'm going to try another pattern in PE to see if it does what you're talking about. Although I don't imagine the pattern used will make much difference.

The first one I tried was a pattern I created. Now I'll try a scan like you posted.

ChrisAlb
01-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Nope, same thing. The image doesn't budge. However, I did notice something. Once I select an area, every tool but the eraser works within it.

I don't use the PE much at all so I'm just finding this now. All I use PE for is to save my scans as PNG files so it doesn't really matter for me but it is weird.

The zoom thing in Designer is another story. very frustrating at times. It's mainly when I'm moving fast and spinning the wheel rather quickly. If I click the wheel one click at a time it's not as bad but still happens.

Jeff_Birt
01-23-2009, 02:43 PM
When we are using the wand do delete the background the image jumps or moves. In my case it is always to the lower right part of the edit screen.

OK, that makes more sense now :)

There is a glitch with a new feature added to PE in 1.132. Go to the View menu and click on 'Highlight Edit Area'. This highlights the entire active editing area around the pattern. PE automatically gives you an extra 200 pixel border around the pattern when you load it in so there is room for all the filters work and it gives you room to fill in the missing edge of a scan, etc. This extra 'working area' is trimmed off

So, when you delete the background of a pattern it resizes this extra 'working room' too and that results in glitch your seeing. I understand that the CW Dev guys are aware of it and are taking care of the problem. (Doing a fill that 'leaks' into the background will cause the same thing.)

Have you guys noticed that when your zooming it keeps the area under the cursor in the same place on the screen? It used to zoom from the center of the screen.

Jeff_Birt
01-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Chris you have to set the height of the eraser. It defaults to 255, change it to 0 or 100 and try it. :)

ChrisAlb
01-23-2009, 02:50 PM
OK, I did change it but only a couple clicks with the spin control to like 235. Thanks Jeff.

fwharris
01-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Jeff,

Thanks for the update on this. I did notice the outline area that you mentioned as well.

I took a look at your zoom comments. When the cursor is in the center everything moves centered. When cursor is left of image it moves right and right it moves left.

Thanks again!!!

Well my pup is telling me that the birds are starting to fly! Time to get my warm clothes on and see if we can bring a couple of them down!!!!!

ChrisAlb
01-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Have you guys noticed that when your zooming it keeps the area under the cursor in the same place on the screen? It used to zoom from the center of the screen.

Yep...LOL...have to get used to it all over again. Funny thing is that apps like my PSP and AutoCAD have always done that so I had to get used to Designer not doing it..... :rolleyes:

Ike
01-23-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm a bit confused about what you guys are describing. Are you saying that when you select a range of pixels with the magic wand and then use the eraser tool that the screen moves or your selection moves?

What is happening is when using the wand to highlight an area to delete say the outline. When you highlight the whole pattern then push delete it moves down. Then you try it again and it moves again.

Ike

Jeff_Birt
01-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Hey Ike, see post #11 above. It is a know issue and the SW guys are fixing it...

Ike
01-24-2009, 01:27 AM
Hey Ike, see post #11 above. It is a know issue and the SW guys are fixing it...
Thanks Jeff, I seemed to having problems reading today. Matter of fact I didn't see any other posts before I posted it. So I think I am having forum viewing issues?

Ike

cestout
01-26-2009, 04:23 PM
I have been using the carve tool to delete areas on a pattern. I click the eraser then a brush shape and it does nothing.

badger
01-26-2009, 04:49 PM
I have been using the carve tool to delete areas on a pattern. I click the eraser then a brush shape and it does nothing.

Are you adjusting the height value when you try this?