PDA

View Full Version : My Machine Defects Again And Again!

szczyglic
01-23-2009, 11:35 AM
In the middle of 2007 when I was in The US I saw The Machine for the first time and as a woodworker fascinated by its nature using most probablly my imagination and expectations instead of my common sense I bought the unit from Sears and took it with me to Krakow in Poland where I live. I started my first project and after 2 hrs. of operation Board Sensor collapsed, due to the vibration simplly went into pieces. After I contacted CW's tech and sales support I just lerned that CW do not carry on international services. So, it took me some time and many to find in The US so called "go-between boddy". Any way, finally I got new, modifyed Board Sensor and I did couple of more projects untill new machine's "disease" - Z AXIS ERROR caused by The Home Position Sensor (IR Ophtocoupller) permanently blocked with pieces of wood or defected. Now, I lerned from CW that my machine is older one and in order to repair it I need to convert The machine with new MWM 907 Z MOTOR ASSY. So, I bouth MWM 907 and I did the replacement. After that The Machine shows CLOSE COVER MESSAGE . I tested all parts possiblly involved: the cover microswitches, wiring, connectors and suspecting 5 V DC problem I exchanged Power Supply PCB - with no effect.
Just yesterday I aknowledge Service Memo corncerning The replacment of Z Motor Assy. which I finally received from CW's Tech Support that in order to convert older machine with new MWM 907 Z Motor CORRECTLY ! I need also to exchange FFC CABLE and HEAD CONNECTOR BOARD necesserly. Otherwise, reusing the old FFC Cable and Head Connector Board can cause significant damage to the machine's electronics what I probably and exactly did.
If any member of this Forum use to have similar problems I would appreciate your coments or exchange of such a experiences.
Regards,
Grzegorz

Ike
01-23-2009, 12:26 PM
Sorry to hear of all your problems. Yes I too owned a first generation machine and had most or all your problems. I had to send mine in several times and I know it is not an option for you. Anyway that machine is a part machine for me now. I bought another Sears CC and even though it wasn't a first generation it still had similar problems not as much. I sold that one and bought a CW and have no problems other then a cover switch and I believe it continued to go because I used the cover to stop the machine rather then pressing the stop button.

I believe the first generation CC had their problems and LHR addressed the corrections by new parts and updated software. Plus as you will hear it also included some operating error on my part.

You said you have a friend as a go between, not knowing the cost of shipping the machine from Poland I would get the part(s) you need and repair it yourself. You seem to be well adapted to electronics. I would order a new cover switch that is the cause of the close cover message and the other parts you were told you needed. matter of fact if you can I would order spare parts.

I am not sure how many hours you have on your machine the unfortunate thing it is far out of warranty. Sounds like you have not used it very much over the last 2 years. The new machines are far better and in my opinion the CW is the machine to buy rather then a Sears CC model. They had so many returns like yours and the last time I looked you can get a refurbished CC with all the updated parts for $999.00 US money.

As you may have read the machine needs to be well maintained. It must be cleaned and lubed regularly and requires the outside temperature when in use at least 60 degrees. I think that is the temp? The warmer the better.

So I see your options is repair the machine you have or buy a new or refurbished machine.

Ike

szczyglic
01-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Sorry to hear of all your problems. Yes I too owned a first generation machine and had most or all your problems. I had to send mine in several times and I know it is not an option for you. Anyway that machine is a part machine for me now. I bought another Sears CC and even though it wasn't a first generation it still had similar problems not as much. I sold that one and bought a CW and have no problems other then a cover switch and I believe it continued to go because I used the cover to stop the machine rather then pressing the stop button.

I believe the first generation CC had their problems and LHR addressed the corrections by new parts and updated software. Plus as you will hear it also included some operating error on my part.

You said you have a friend as a go between, not knowing the cost of shipping the machine from Poland I would get the part(s) you need and repair it yourself. You seem to be well adapted to electronics. I would order a new cover switch that is the cause of the close cover message and the other parts you were told you needed. matter of fact if you can I would order spare parts.

I am not sure how many hours you have on your machine the unfortunate thing it is far out of warranty. Sounds like you have not used it very much over the last 2 years. The new machines are far better and in my opinion the CW is the machine to buy rather then a Sears CC model. They had so many returns like yours and the last time I looked you can get a refurbished CC with all the updated parts for $999.00 US money.

As you may have read the machine needs to be well maintained. It must be cleaned and lubed regularly and requires the outside temperature when in use at least 60 degrees. I think that is the temp? The warmer the better.

So I see your options is repair the machine you have or buy a new or refurbished machine.

Ike

Hello Ike,
Thank you kindly for your coments and suggestions. I will try to get necessary parts and repair the machine by myself. Since I do not feel true tech support from CW with the purchase of a new CNC wood carving tool I will go elsewhere.
Regards,
Grzegorz "Szczyglic"

Ike
01-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Unfortunately where you live is the problem. LHR has not long ago reach out to Canada for service.

I don't blame you there are many CNC companies that can help you better where you live. The bummer is the cost of the machines!

Ike

Ron Baird
01-23-2009, 06:04 PM
If you are getting the close lid on the display it is because yo are not getting the +5 volts to the lid switch. It could be as simple as a cable unplugged or the power supply is not putting out the voltage. Check the wide cable going to the board where your cover switch cable plugs in when you remove and replace the top cover. Check all your cables to the z-truck.