PDA

View Full Version : Barn Full of Machines!

oldfogey
01-22-2009, 04:42 PM
The UPS guy arrived 10 minutes after I called Houston wondering about my new machine. I haven't opened it yet and hope my probe is inside with it. I have also received all the parts I needed for the machine I got just before Christmas that was a fixer upper from Sears. I should have both up and running soon but will go through all the preliminaries to make sure they are set up properly. I also have a 1650CFM dust collector to install.

Having worked on the Sears machine I am well aware of the intricacies of the mechanical requirements of maintenance. I am getting quite an education. All this build up has let me prepare with two 3 ring binders full of documentation to include all the .pdf's I could find. I even have downloaded all the available video demos. Shortly I will be making a photographic and video documentary of my endeavors to include the unpacking and initial set up of the machine.

I would like to become as well versed on the machine and its capabilities as possible. I sure appreciate the help I am getting here on the Forum. I notice that many members are within shouting distance and I plan on meeting as many of them as possible when I can get out and travel around the state. There are two of us in the immediate area. I see some from the Cincinnati area and at least one out west of here. If possible, I will be stocking parts as soon as I can get set up. At this point I am planning on the first of April to begin a regular little shop out in my barn and that is no fooling.

Keep on Carvin'!

castingman
01-22-2009, 05:23 PM
oldfogey

It looks like you are more than ready to start carveing , Their are lots of skilled folks on this fourm to help .

Michael

oldfogey
01-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Glad to hear from you. I just went to a wedding in E. Liverpool last month. Will probably be back in the area sometime soon. New daughter in law from there. Will be looking forward to hearing more about you and yours in future. I was born across the river. Behind Weirton.