PDA

View Full Version : Overhang Pattern problem

cozynest
01-21-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm making a overhang pattern useing Michael Tylers tip and trick March 2008; tips and tricks.

The problem I'm having is selecting outline on both the overhang outline and the oval. I can select either or when selecting both the overhang patern is outlined inside the oval region also. Reference Michael's step5 in his article where it says "Select both the oval and the fish patterns then click once on the outline tool." Where am I going wrong here? :confused:

Thanks in advance
Steve

bjbethke
01-22-2009, 07:29 AM
I'm making a overhang pattern useing Michael Tylers tip and trick March 2008; tips and tricks.

The problem I'm having is selecting outline on both the overhang outline and the oval. I can select either or when selecting both the overhang patern is outlined inside the oval region also. Reference Michael's step5 in his article where it says "Select both the oval and the fish patterns then click once on the outline tool." Where am I going wrong here? :confused:

Thanks in advance
Steve

You need a carve region in the oval to make it a Pattern, Then right click in the board, "not on a pattern", then “Select All” – then select your outline. (All items selected need to be patterns, an oval without a carve region is not a pattern)

cozynest
01-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Oh thanks so much. Guess I missed that in the article and the tutorials I have been studing.

Your work is beatiful BTW.
Steve