PDA

View Full Version : tractor pattern help

jessrice
01-21-2009, 08:13 PM
attached is a png of a tractor. it is just a line drawing, and i would like to stay a "flat image" (non 2.5 or 3d), but when import it the lines dont stay solid.

Is this something that would need to be converted to vector in adobe, and then imported, or am I overlooking something simple?

Thanks
Jesse

jcorder
01-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Give this a try and see what you think

Good luck
Jeff

Dan-Woodman
01-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Jesse
Try out Jeffs mpc. and then right click , then outline pattern, and then you can select a 1/16" ballnose bit and it will trace the lines of the tractor. Just like a scrollsaw pattern. Yea Thanks Jeff
later Daniel

jessrice
01-21-2009, 10:24 PM
that will work great, thanks for cleaning it up.

what did it take to do it?

thanks
Jesse

Ike
01-21-2009, 10:41 PM
Jesse I gave it a try too!

Ike

jcorder
01-22-2009, 06:07 AM
that will work great, thanks for cleaning it up.

what did it take to do it?

thanks
Jesse

Your welcome, I hope it works. I have been working very hard to read all of Ike's posts about how he does it, he is my pattern idol! I bought corel and used it as he instructed and it turned out pretty well.

thanks Dan for the vote of confidence, I need it on cleaning up patterns!

Jeff

Ike
01-22-2009, 11:38 AM
AH stop Jeff my patterns are ok! You are getting the hang of it use both your Draw and paint. First do your main adjustment in draw and then copy the pattern and import it from the clip board to paint. There you can change it to 16 greyscale and adjust the contrast etc.

I have learned from Jon Jantz videos and by just playing around with the program. I learn best by doing then reading!

Thanks for the kind words though!!!

Ike

jcorder
01-22-2009, 04:26 PM
I downloaded the jantz video on contours, I have not had the opportunity to watch it yet.

jessrice
01-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks to both of you for your patterns. I look forward to using them in the next 2 weeks.

For now i am moving all of my equipment into a corner of the shop, so the drywallers can come hang and tape the 210 sheets of drywall to cover the shop walls and ceiling. I was gonna do it my self, but the ceiling in the big bay is 17', and would be a lot of work.

I will continue to work in Designer, so I can get to carving when they finish,

thanks
Jesse