PDA

View Full Version : QC redline question

jessrice
01-21-2009, 11:40 AM
I have a QC question regarding the red line on it. I have read several months of posts before using my machine, and think i have read about making sure to line up the red line on the QC and the red dot on the bit adapter.

I have a new machine with a B serial number right from Carvewright, and I don't see any red dots on the bit adapters, but i do have one on the QC. I read the newest manual online, and cant find any reference in it to the red line/red dot or using to align things correctly.

Am i missing something, and why would there not be a reference in the manual?

I have carved 2 projects so far, both carved and cut out, so i have successfully changed bits, oil and wiped between and have had good results. I did have to use the tool to rock the chuck a little to get the bit out, but it did come out and they all look good. (okay a little paint/coating wear is on the bit adapters)

So i assume everything is a go, but the red line has me curious,

so thanks for any insight you can offer

Jesse

swhitney
01-21-2009, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of CarveWright

The red lines you refer to are both located on the QC, and not on the bit adapter. Use a mirror, and the second, more difficult to see, red line is really on the bottom of the QC

My QC required a bit of a twist to get the two red lines to line up correctly

Kenm810
01-21-2009, 11:59 AM
I Have a back up QCC, It's a little easier to see the Red lines off the machine.

jessrice
01-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Thanks for your replies,

I did buy a mirror and used it to clean out the QC, so i will have to use it to get a better look!

I hope that i didnt cause any damage already if they are not lined up. I wonder why the manual doesn't state anything about it?

thanks again
Jesse

Jeff_Birt
01-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Be sure to read the QC bible and commit it to memory: http://carvewright.com/downloads/Care_and_maintenance_of_the_QC.pdf. OK, printing out a copy for your shop will do.;)

While your at it check out all the back issues of the (FREE) Tips&Tricks newsletter, look under the Support tab of the main website or at CarveBuddy.com.

jessrice
01-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks Jeff,

I have the QC manual, it is actually the one i searched for the key term "RED" or "LINE" just to make sure i wasn't missing it in the documentation. I also searched through the tips and tricks and didnt see anything.

So I think the only references to aligning the red marks are in the forum.

I have also printed a copy of every tips and tricks, and all manuals, and keep all of them in a 3 ring binder in the drawer of my Carvewright mobile cart.

I think the question arose for me because i thought with all my careful reading of all the information, including leaving my machine in the box for 3 weeks before even attempting to use it, I still could not remember reading anything about the red marks on the QC.

Anyway, with the wealth of knowledge here, I can make sure when i get home that the lines are aligned for future carves.

Thanks again
Jesse