PDA

View Full Version : Close Cover

MCGEE2SKINNER
01-21-2009, 06:28 AM
i RECENTLY RECEIVED A MESSAGE (CLOSE COVER). CLEANED SWITCHES CLEANED OUT THE MACHINE CHECKED FOR LOOSE CABLEING NOTHING WORKED. CALLED CARVEWRIGHT THEY TOLD ME THE Z-TRUCK NEEDED REPLACED THEY SENT ME ONE I REPLACED IT AND I STILL GET A CLOSE COVER PROMPT. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS WHERE TO LOOK NEXT.

THANKS
JIM

Kenm810
01-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Hi Jim,

I’m pretty sure you my have read something like this on the Forum before,
But just in case you or someone else hasn’t.
The last time my Machine gave me a Close Cover message, I remembered a post from some time ago about the switch mounting screws loosening up. I checked and sure enough the switch had slid back a fraction of an inch, to the point the clear plastic actuator on the lid couldn’t depress the switch far enough and kept the Machine running and gave me the CC Error. The same can happen to the Cut Motor Switch on the other end of the lid.

supershingler
01-21-2009, 08:27 AM
I Just West Through The Cover Switch Issue

To Check Your Cover Switch Do A Sensor Check
Open Your Cover And Go To The Sensor Check On The Front Of The Machine
Take A Nail Or Little Screw Driver And Push In On The Switch And See It It Changes From Open To Closed On The Readout

If It Doenst Change From Open To Closed You Might Have A Bad Cover Switch.

Also Check Your Flat Ribbon Cable That Goes Into The Back Of The Ztruck To Make Sure It Hasnt Come Loose. Mine Did And My Board Sensor Quit Working.

Im Back Up And Running Thanks To The Guys AT Tec Support

Kendall

MCGEE2SKINNER
01-21-2009, 08:34 AM
I push them in by hand. I took them off and cleaned them I can hear them click when I push them in. I held them both in at the same time that didn't make a diffrence. I don't know how to bypass them to check if the switch is bad. I just can't think of anything else to do.

JIM

Jeff_Birt
01-21-2009, 08:46 AM
supershingler has the right plan. use the built in Sensor Test menu on the machine. Press '0' then '7' and use the UP/Down arrows to scroll through the screen until you get to the one that shows the cover switch. Then press/release the switch and see if the screen changes.

MCGEE2SKINNER
01-21-2009, 09:08 AM
JEFF
That was the mode I was in when I pushed both in and it didn't change but I could hear them click.
JIM

supershingler
01-21-2009, 11:09 AM
my switch would click too but just would no work

replace it and everything is good

is your board sensor working?
if not check you flat ribbon cable and see if it is loose or has vibrated out
that cold also be the problem

kendall

MCGEE2SKINNER
01-21-2009, 12:44 PM
I don't know if the board sensor is working it won't go any farther.

supershingler
01-21-2009, 01:23 PM
go to your keypad on the carver

hit 0 then 7 and then use the arrow keys to scroll down and it will check your sensors. when you get to the board sensor one pass a lite piece of wood under it and see if the number on the screen changes.
you should be able to check your cover switch the same way just scroll down to cover switch, open the cover and it should say OPEN then take a nail and push in on the switch and see if it changes to CLOSED.

i just went through the cover switch issue and this is what the tech guys had me checking

good luck

kendall

ps
you might want to call tech support and they will walk you through the steps they help me

MCGEE2SKINNER
01-21-2009, 08:07 PM
I check the board sensor and the ribbon cable and the other switch everything seems to be in good shape. I quess I will call cw in the am don't like to call them until I check everything I can think of or get info from you guys.
Thanks everyone for all of your input.
Jim McGee