PDA

View Full Version : Amazing but not for the weak of heart

RBeau1954
01-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Quick story first, 2 of my kids were really into the old late 60's VW bugs. Classic car but alot of maintenance. Since I am a mechanic, I kept them running. I also had a 72 VW van that I rebuilt from the ground up. I eventually had to sell it and I had a 16 yo kid want to buy it, I told him to come back, with his parents and we will talk about it. When they showed up I asked the kid if he knew how to set valves to the right tolerances, how about this or that, of course he said no, if you can't do that, do you have a couple hundred bucks a month to pay someone to maintain this vehicle.
As some of us old timers can remember, we used to have to tune our vehicles every 3000 miles before electronic ignitions and computers did everything for us. Now to my point, our CC machines are alot like this, we have to give it tender loving care and take care of things ourselves or we are going to be sending this thing back alot or get frustrated and sell it. I just got my parts today for my machine and when I tried to install them they would not fit, was ready to hang someone and realized that the board had come apart when I took the old one out and the clips had to me removed. Point is that I have seen questions on here about simple things and have had people call us at Woodcraft asking questions about this machine that in reality have no business owning one of these machines. I am sure alot of you understand what I am saying. We have a name for some of these, it is called SNOTS. SHOULD NOT OWN TOOLS. Anyway, just letting everyone know I love this machine but you have to take care of it and baby it to let it do the amazing things it can do.