PDA

View Full Version : ptn from image?

Dodadd
01-20-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm a newbie to the forum. My carver is still in the box but hopefully I'll get it unpacked soon.
In the meantime I've been playing wit some patterns.
I have the pattern editor and several graphic programs but still can't get a good pattern from this image.
I bought the koi pattern from Carvewright but I would like a side view of a koi.
If anyone could help this old man with this project it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank, Bill

Ike
01-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Here is a quick run at it, if you can use it go for it!

Ike

Dodadd
01-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Ike, Thanks but that is what I'm getting when I try to make a pattern.
The cuts ar to deep in areas and not enough 3d in other areas.
I would lke a nice smooth pattern as in the second pic below.

Dodadd
01-20-2009, 01:52 PM
2 shots of koi carvings.

eromran
01-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Maybe try this one.

Dodadd
01-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Ed, That's a nice on but I need a side profile of a koi.
Thanks, Bill

ChrisAlb
01-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Bill,

I'm in the middle of a custom design for a customer so I only had a few minutes here. Your image is a little tough due to the bleached belly (missing scales) and wide variations from light to dark.

Not the best but it's my 10 minute stab at it.

bjbethke
01-20-2009, 07:34 PM
I'm a newbie to the forum. My carver is still in the box but hopefully I'll get it unpacked soon.
In the meantime I've been playing wit some patterns.
I have the pattern editor and several graphic programs but still can't get a good pattern from this image.
I bought the koi pattern from Carvewright but I would like a side view of a koi.
If anyone could help this old man with this project it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank, Bill
Patterns will not work well with dark and light spots. Heres mine not very good.

mtylerfl
01-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Ed, That's a nice on but I need a side profile of a koi.
Thanks, Bill

Hello Bill,

The Koi side view pattern you asked us to do is posted at: http://www.carvebuddy.com/fish.html

Hope you enjoy it! I PM'd you earlier, but I guess you haven't seen it yet it. Didn't want you to miss your weekend project!

Dodadd
01-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Michael, Thank you very much. It looks great and I just purchased it.
Thanks again, Bill