PDA

View Full Version : My shop

Router-Jim
01-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Can you tell I like carving?

atauer
01-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Jim,

Are you sure any work gets done in there?

Its too clean!!!!

Router-Jim
01-19-2009, 03:16 PM
LOL ! Good thing you can't see the other half!

atauer
01-19-2009, 03:17 PM
BTW, I love the cabinets. They show the talent of a real woodworker.

Did you make the corbels under the shelves with the CW?

DocWheeler
01-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Dan,

It looks like you and (member) cnsranch have great shops. I probably would either be afraid of getting it dirty or get it so bad that I could never get around in it.

Thanks for the pics.

Router-Jim
01-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Thanks. I made a workbench for each of my 3 sons. They don't get them until I'm gone though. LOL

The corbels, yes I made then with the CW. I posted another thread called "Corbels" telling about them.

Jim

Bill
01-19-2009, 03:31 PM
hi Jim,
Great looking shop and excellent cabinets very nice. http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

cnsranch
01-19-2009, 03:36 PM
It's a beaut, Clark.

liquidguitars
01-19-2009, 03:44 PM
one word, wow!

LG

w2csa
01-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Very Cool!!

cnsranch
01-19-2009, 03:58 PM
C'mon, throw a little dirt on it :D

My workbench looks like I've been tarring cats on it (think about that, for a minute).

Hexe SA
01-19-2009, 04:01 PM
It's too clean. Actually I'm green with envy.
Eva

atauer
01-19-2009, 04:01 PM
C'mon, throw a little dirt on it :D

My workbench looks like I've been tarring cats on it (think about that, for a minute).

Don't get it. must be a slow day for me...

cnsranch
01-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Tarring a cat is somewhat worse than the following:

How to Wash the Cat - by The Dog

1. Thoroughly clean the toilet (this step is optional).

2. Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet water, and have both lids lifted .

3. Obtain the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

4. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids (you may need to stand on the lid so that he cannot escape). CAUTION: Do not get any part of your body too close to the edge, as his paws will be reaching out for anything they can find. The cat will self-agitate and make ample suds. (Never mind the noises that come from your toilet, he is actually enjoying this.)

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash" and "rinse" which I have found to be quite effective.

6. Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.

8. The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet, and run outside where he will dry himself.

Router-Jim
01-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Thanks everyone.

I had to pull everything away from the wall this weekend to put up the 3 shelves. I swept up when I had the benches moved. I believe there is one of the dust piles in the first pix...bottom left. :eek:

Wid T
01-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Wow, Nice looking shop ( Studio ) you have there Jim :mrgreen:
You'll have to damage the wookbenches equally or they'll fighting over them.
Wid T

Kenm810
01-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Looks Great, But I figured there had to be at least one pile of chips somewhere,
if not then you haven't been carving -- or your Buffalo was empty! http://forum.carvewright.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

BBrooks
01-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks. I made a workbench for each of my 3 sons. They don't get them until I'm gone though. LOL

The corbels, yes I made then with the CW. I posted another thread called "Corbels" telling about them.

Jim

If you're looking to make a 4th bench, I am adoptable and can bring lots of tools!
Great looking shop!

pine acres woodshop
01-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Wow! That's fantastic, I love the pine car siding, My shop doesn't look anything like that, mine looks used, LOL. That's great.

Mark

Old Salt
01-19-2009, 06:32 PM
I don,t know the rull of thumb but if I work a day in my shoe it takes 1 wk to clean it back up. So take pictures when clean may be next year for the next one.

Look great I can see you enjoy it.

mtylerfl
01-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Can you tell I like carving?

You could make some mighty-fine instructional videos with a beautiful shop background like that! So pretty, it looks like a production setup for a television show! Gorgeous.

supershingler
01-19-2009, 06:50 PM
r j

the shop looks awesome

i just bought a building to move my shop into

ill have to take some before and after pics when i get the remodeling done

the loml says i have to get the shop out of the basement beings i work in it more than one a year since i got my carver so who was i to argue! i found this building and got it for a great price as it was part of an estate. also bought the lot next door on the deal and have been offered twice what i paid for the lot already.

i cant wait to get started on it

i only hope my shop will look 1/2 as nice as yours

where in wisconsin are you? i have a brother in chicago that i might go see this summer and would love to stop by and say hi and see some of your work

kendall

Router-Jim
01-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks SuperShingler.

I live right in the center of Wis. near Marshfield. My door is always open to a fellow woodworker. :cool:

Jim

Michael Anthony
01-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Router Jim That shop looks way, to good to work in,awesome Job man!!!