PDA

View Full Version : Please read about contest!!!

Ike
01-18-2009, 02:13 PM
First I apologizes for all the confusion and all the previous post and the revised after revised post of the the guidelines.

So this is it and I hope I cover the rules completely! There are only 6 guidelines to follow!
1) The whole project must be designed using only the CW designer and shared in a mpc file, no other software allowed. With a brief description on how you made the project. along with a few photos of the finished project.
2) Most (wooden) of parts for the project (no limits) must be cut out with the CW/CC. It is ok to have the CW/CC line out the part and finish the cut using other tools to save time.
3) The project needs to have a Valentine theme.
4) You need to have fun and remember all the projects we will benefit from!
5) Each member can only enter one project.
6) Patterns are allowed, but if they are commercial please omit them from the mpc file. It can be shown in the photos submitted. Shared patterns are allowed

Once the project is cut using the CW/CC you may use any tools at your disposal.

There will be 3 classes to enter your projects.
1) beginner
2) Intermediate
3) Expert

Be honest with yourself for the class you choose. If every member enters one class then so be it. As I said before I have the woodworking skills, but I am ok in using the designer. Then there are members with great designing skill and limited woodworking skill. And of course you have the member with both design and woodworking skill.

You can make any of the following projects.
1) Toy box
2) Jewelry box
3) Clock
4) Night light
5) Lamp, table, reading etc.
6) Birdhouse.

Each project can be a simple or complex as you want. It will depend on your skills and collections of tools.

The deadline will be 2-10-09 and on 2-8-09 3 threads will be made with each skill level. That day you can start entering your project until 2-10-09 8 pm EST. Then the threads with the 3 levels will be reopened with a poll to vote for your favorite project.
I hope this has cleared up any confusion? They is the final draft, all previous post are void and null!

Ike

jcorder
01-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Ike,

Does that mean you have to do all the cutouts with the CW, you are not allowed to use any other equipment, such as table or bandsaw? I guess number 2 just has me a little confused.

Thanks
Jeff

Ike
01-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Ike,

Does that mean you have to do all the cutouts with the CW, you are not allowed to use any other equipment, such as table or bandsaw? I guess number 2 just has me a little confused.

Thanks
Jeff

Ok good point Jeff! I am getting such a headache! Most parts for the projects, parts hinges etc. need to be bought. I would like to see all the wooden parts be cut out with the CW or outlining the part to be cut using another tool. It should be possible to lay out all the parts in a mpc file or files if it takes two or more designs to complete your project that is fine. Submit all mpc files with the project. Then a brief description of how you assembled the project.

The main ideal is to make a project mostly using the CW/CC. So not to delay or further complicate this contest please try to use the CW/CC for most of the cutting. The one thing is the design must show all the wooden parts and the description all other parts used and how it was made.

So let's just make our project of choice and try to make it mainly with the CW.

Ike

Ike

jcorder
01-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Perfect! Thanks for clearing that up Ike. And also let me thank you for your persistence in this project, you have done a wonderful job!

Jeff

Dan-Woodman
01-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Ike
Way to go . You should get a prise for all the hard work you have done.
I'm glad to see we can draw the cutout in designer and then cutout with another tool . Thats what I do as I don't have $39.95 for every 1/8" bit I might even think about breaking.
I can use dozens of scrollsaw blades for the same price.
Great job on the contest. later Daniel

Ike
01-18-2009, 03:12 PM
I edited again, but the in I hope a clearer explanation. Yes I realize it takes so much time and stress to cut parts out with the CW. I still want to see that part in the design and have the CW line it out even if it is 1/16 inch deep! Then go ahead and cut it out with other tools you may have!

I want this to be as user friendly as possible. The key is the design and as forth to other tools if ya got em use em! Except no other software can be used other then the CW designer.!

Oh I need to add some more guidelines about the use of patterns!! Please read the edit!

Ike

Ike
01-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Ok Please let this be it!!!!!!!!

So this is it and I hope I cover the rules completely! There are only 6 guidelines to follow!
1) The whole project must be designed using only the CW designer and shared in a mpc file, no other software allowed. With a brief description on how you made the project. along with a few photos of the finished project.
2) Most (wooden) of parts for the project (no limits) must be cut out with the CW/CC. It is ok to have the CW/CC line out the part and finish the cut using other tools to save time.
6) Patterns are allowed, but if they are commercial please omit them from the mpc file. It can be shown in the photos submitted. Shared patterns are allowed

1) beginner
2) Intermediate
3) Expert

Be honest with yourself for the class you choose. If every member enters one class then so be it. As I said before I have the woodworking skills, but I am ok in using the designer. Then there are members with great designing skill and limited woodworking skill. And of course you have the member with both design and woodworking skill.

1) Toy box
2) Jewelry box
3) Clock
4) Night light
6) Birdhouse.

Each project can be a simple or complex as you want. It will depend on your skills and collections of tools.

The deadline will be 2-10-09 and on 2-8-09 3 threads will be made with each skill level. That day you can start entering your project until 2-10-09 8 pm EST. Then the threads with the 3 levels will be reopened with a poll to vote for your favorite project.
I hope this has cleared up any confusion? They is the final draft, all previous post are void and null!

Ike

LollyWood
01-19-2009, 03:49 AM
Ike,

you said...well you suggested. I mean some of us.. it just seems. Really, If I could, well I think it would be... hehehehehehe

J/K'n Bud. Glad you got this thing go'n. Thanks in advance.:D

Ike
02-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Ok Please let this be it!!!!!!!!

1) beginner
2) Intermediate
3) Expert

1) Toy box
2) Jewelry box
3) Clock
4) Night light
6) Birdhouse.

Ike

Nine days left until the deadline! Thought I would repost the guidelines again. Plus please refrain from posting anything other then entires in the " Contest entry" thread.

This keeps the thread from becoming too large and could cause a entry being missed! Thank you for all the great members in the forum and I can't wait to see all the entries!!!

Remember HAVE FUN !!! PS added another project category...7) Misc. Anything you want! ( To cover any designer block!)

Ike