PDA

View Full Version : Question for you computer guys

RBeau1954
01-18-2009, 01:07 PM
I have 2 computers, one is a lap top I have with me when I am watching tv and the other in my office. I have downloaded patterns on both and need to transfer some patterns from one to another, is there an easy way to do that?

Rick

jcorder
01-18-2009, 01:10 PM
just use a flash drive or network the two together and transfer your files to a directory with a different name. Then open that file in the designer program and re-save it to the favorites folder in designer.

Good luck
Jeff

Amonaug
01-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Look into a program by Microsoft called SyncToy, it's free. Great utility to sync files on 2 computers, simply connect both computers to a network, run SyncToy and it will compare the files in the folders you select updating files on both computers depending on which are newer.

RBeau1954
01-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks Jeff, I forgot I had a flash drive sitting in my desk and didn't even think about it. I did a search for all PTN and MPC files and transfered them to the flash drive. Didn't even think about that til you brought it up, thanks.

jcorder
01-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanks Jeff, I forgot I had a flash drive sitting in my desk and didn't even think about it. I did a search for all PTN and MPC files and transfered them to the flash drive. Didn't even think about that til you brought it up, thanks.

Your welcome, glad it helped

Jeff

geekviking
01-18-2009, 08:35 PM
I've been looking to synch mine up as well, I'll have to d-load it & try it out. :cool: