PDA

View Full Version : Need help to re-install the sandpaper belt

PlateCarver
01-17-2009, 11:22 AM
I am at the point of frustration and using a large hammer so i thought I would take a minute and see if any of you can guide me. The problem is the re-installing of the sandpaper tray back into the machine. I had absolutely no problems removing it and replacing the belt. The problem is when I go to put it back it is not seating at the back of the machine properly and appears to be resting on something which is not permitting it from seating into te gears. I am able to align it and put the screws in on the squaring bar side. When I go to drop the back (gear) side down it goes and rests about a 16th of an inch too high. I checked the sanding paper guide and it is not the issue. Anyone had any experience with this before. I know its hard without the machine in hand but any help would be appreciated. Seems like the simple tasks can be the most frustrating...

AskBud
01-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Try turning the gear, on the belt tray, just a tad. The tooth may need to be moved to fit into the drive gear.
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
01-17-2009, 12:00 PM
I had that too. Just lift the sand paper belt assembly on the opposite end of the gear. It is stuck on a lip edge.

AL

PlateCarver
01-17-2009, 03:21 PM
I got it........ the plastic guide on the gear side that aligns the gear had mushroomed at the top, either due to wear or my pushing for the last day and a half. I removed the "burr" and it slide right into place. Thanks for all of your help.