PDA

View Full Version : Help with Text

peter_l
01-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Hi Folks,

I am trying to make a line of text that has both normal and italic text in the same text box.

To make it even harder, the text is on a curve.

In CW, the software does not allow you to make part of the text different, it is all or nothing.

Any tricks of how I can make this work?

I tried to make two different text boxes and use spaces for the one word and overlay the italicized text, but it did not work.

Here is a sample. In the sample, i am trying to only have the word "am" be italic, and the rest be normal.

I could import text, but it would not be as sharp and would be not be centerline.

Thanks in advance.

pete

mtylerfl
01-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Hello Pete,

I don't know of a way to do that in Designer via the Text input box.

That's a feature I would like to see added - support for dissimilar text attributes in the same text line.

The only way I know to accomplish what you want is to either try to "piece it together" using single characters and the angle tool, or create the text layout outside of Designer and import it as a graphic pattern as you mentioned. Maybe if you did the text graphic as sort of a "single line" in the center of each letter, you could then use the outline tool in Designer and manually assign a V-bit to those lines. I don't know - you'll just have to experiment with it I guess.

Perhaps someone else knows of another method. Sorry I could not be more helpful.

jcorder
01-16-2009, 08:48 PM
I have been playing around with the text. I am not sure you are going to be able to see much of a difference in the words with italics. You might be better off to attempt to make it either centerline and then outline or some combination like that.

Just a thought
Jeff

bjbethke
01-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Hi Folks,

I am trying to make a line of text that has both normal and italic text in the same text box.

In CW, the software does not allow you to make part of the text different, it is all or nothing.

I tried to make two different text boxes and use spaces for the one word and overlay the italicized text, but it did not work.

Here is a sample. In the sample, i am trying to only have the word "am" be italic, and the rest be normal.

I could import text, but it would not be as sharp and would be not be centerline.

Thanks in advance.

pete
Is this what you are trying to do?

BBrooks
01-17-2009, 05:50 AM
Hi Folks,

Thanks in advance.

pete

Pete,

I made two identical lines of text arced at -40 degrees. In the second line, i ommited the word "arced" but put in 5 spaces in lieu of it. I copied and pasted again, this time leaving character spaces for all the other letters and italicizing it. I then manually resized the box, using the top line as a guide, so that the italicized word "arced" was about the same size. The arc should be darn close.
it is tedious but the only way I can think of to do it in Designer alone.