PDA

View Full Version : Edge routing

jcorder
01-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Is it possible to use the roundover bit to cutout on 1.2 inch stock? I need to made a pattern trace and put a roundover on it. The only way I know to do that on the machine is if I replace the cutout bit with the roundover bit. Will it work? Thought it best to show my ignorance than to tear something up!

thanks
Jeff

Dan-Woodman
01-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Jeff
You can experiment in designer with the bits you have . You can apply a roundover and then a cutpath. Or if your warrenty is up and you want to experiment, you can get Plunging roundover bits. Part #WL-1051P which is a 3/8" Roundover with a 3/8" plunging bit also. available at www.woodline.com However this is not an approved procedure I'm sure.
later Daniel

jcorder
01-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Daniel
thanks for the reply. I am still under the warranty. I just bought the machine in June, so I have a ways to go. I will play with designer.

thanks
Jeff

Dan-Woodman
01-16-2009, 09:55 PM
If your useing CW bits I think they use what is called a beaded roundover meaning it will leave a little edge on the bottom and then the 1/8" cutting bit will cut it off with the cutpath feature.
later Daniel

jcorder
01-16-2009, 09:57 PM
thanks again. I will play with it this weekend and see how it turns out. I usually use my router table, but I am making lids for small baskets and the fingers would just be too close for comfort.

Jeff