PDA

View Full Version : Alex Please Read!!

Ike
01-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Sorry to put you on the spot, I know you are working and glancing through the forum. I went out on a limb here and started the contest please read what I posted to start the contest.

If you see a problem then please let's correct it!

It is obvious somebody thinks this is a bad ideal, they even rated it as being bad! I would really like to know why they think it is a bad ideal? Not in a negative way just to see what you are thinking.... penny for your thought. Is it the contest ideal or my suggestion how to run it?

I knew not everyone would like the ideal but 37 to 2 for this poll for the guidelines. Then 30 to 1 that agreed a contest would be cool, you can't go wrong!

Ok this was the poll and what was voted on,

Default Final contest poll
I think we got it figured out! We have 3 categories, that way it allows everyone to enter the contest at the level they are most comfortable with. All made with a valentine theme.

1) Toy and Jewelry boxes.
2) Lamp and night light, bird house.
3) Clock face, made on a single board.

Then the guidelines,

All designs are to be made in the CW designer.
All projects will be posted with a photo and the mpc.
No purchased patterns will be allowed, since the mpc will be posted.
This is for fun and to share everybody's projects.
You are only allowed to enter one category
All projects will have a valentine theme

Then a thread will be started for each section 1,2 and 3. Choose what you want to make and submit it by the deadline to be determined.

Once the contest is over, 3 polls will be created for each section with each members name who submitted a project. Then every member can vote for their favorite project in each section. This way it eliminates any concern of favoritism!

I hope we can have a t-shirt donated for each category.

If this sounds good and we should go for it vote "Yes" if "No" please help with any suggestions.

================================================== ================================================== =====================

Then, with a few suggestions, I came up with this

One more draft! This is what I came up with, tell me what you all think!

We all make clocks with a valentine theme. 3 levels, beginners, intermediate, expert.

Guidelines as followed,
Beginner class,
The project will be designed in the designer and made using the CW/CC in single piece project which requires no assembly other then installing parts. All clock parts will be a simple clock kit found at Walmart, Ace hardware etc. Other tools may be used for finishing. No other software can be used to design and import into the designer.

Intermediate class,
The project will be designed in the designer and parts cut out using the CW/CC. Any tools can be used to enhance and to put together. Clock parts should be from the same source or within the same price range. The clock should only consist of 4 parts only. No other software can be used to design and import into the designer.

Expert class,
The project will be designed in the designer. All parts will be made using the CW/CC. No limits on the tools or parts used. No other software can be used to design and import into the designer.

It is up to each member to choose what class they want to enter. Every member will submit their design and a few photos showing different sides of the project. Please include a brief description of the production process of the project.

A thread will be made for "Expert class", "Intermediate class" "Beginner class" that is where the members will submit their project. Please other members refrain from posting replies to each entries. Any post other then project submissions will be removed.

Once the deadline for submission has been reached, then those names in each classes will be posted with a poll. Then members will vote for their favorite entry and the member will the most votes wins!

Prizes need to be determined, plus should there be first place only or second and third for each class?

Another suggestion was to sell all the entries on e-bay and give the proceeds to charity. We need somebody to volunteer to set this up on e-bay and either send the proceeds to LHR or directly to the charity in the name of the CW forum members.

Does this sound good or what needs to be changed? Plus we need volunteers if we choose to donate the projects. Or do we keep our projects since they will have a valentine theme? Maybe a small entry fee can be charged and that money can be donated to an agree charity?

Don't be shy everyone, this doesn't need to be a difficult task!

Ike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have really confused myself, I know for sure that LHR loves the ideal, but can not directly be involved. So the original poll intended several projects and that was voted on.

I am taking it upon myself to make the call. All the projects the toy box, the jewelry box, the lamp, the night light, birdhouse and clock are the projects.

Figure out what level you want to enter beginning, intermediate, expert and choose the project you want to make. We will start the thread for each class to submit your project of choice. Same rule project entries only, no post like hey Ike great clock, lamp etc. Those post will be removed.

The deadline will be February 10th 2009. Then we will take all the names in each category,start another thread beginner, intermediate, expert. Add the members name in the category they entered attached with a poll.

Then the members will vote for their favorite project and design in each section.

All designs are to be made in the CW designer.
All projects will be posted with a photo and the mpc.
No purchased patterns will be allowed, since the mpc will be posted.
This is for fun and to share everybody's projects.
You are only allowed to enter one category
All projects will have a valentine theme

So unless someone disagrees, LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

Ike

Bubbabear
01-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Ike I think it is a great idea. I hope there is a huge turnout so big it makes your head spin. You in my opinion are one of the top rated designers in the forum if not the top rated you do such great work and I am so envious of your talent.

Ike
01-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Ike I think it is a great idea. I hope there is a huge turnout so big it makes your head spin. You in my opinion are one of the top rated designers in the forum if not the top rated you do such great work and I am so envious of your talent.

Bubbabear, thank designing patterns are far different then projects so this will be an exciting challenge for me!

I too hope to see a huge turnout! I will be seeing you entering correct?

Ike