PDA

View Full Version : Carvewright vs. CNC Shark

ModelShop
01-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Can anyone help me understand the differences (pro and con) between the Carvewright and the CNC Shark (Rockler)? I saw a demo recently using the Carvewright, and was impressed. The Customer Service gal at Carvewright suggested I pose this question to the forum. What will one do that the other won't - either Carvewright or CNC Shark.

Thank you very much!!

Tom

Jeff_Birt
01-16-2009, 11:11 AM
There was a very good thread discussing this very topic about 1 week ago. Use the 'Search' tool in the red bar toward the top of the screen and use 'Rockler' as your search term.

Dan-Woodman
01-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Hey Jeff
I noticed precisebits carries 4 flute carving bits,does LHR now also carry 4 flute carving bits. My origanal bit that I'm still useing is a 3 flute bit.
later Daniel

LittleRedWoodshop
01-16-2009, 01:21 PM
The biggest difference is that the Shark is limited to the size of the table.

ModelShop
01-16-2009, 02:22 PM
There was a very good thread discussing this very topic about 1 week ago. Use the 'Search' tool in the red bar toward the top of the screen and use 'Rockler' as your search term.

Thanks, Jeff. The comments I read were very helpful. I am beginning to also think it is hard to beat the CW machine.

cnsranch
01-16-2009, 02:48 PM
I am beginning to also think it is hard to beat the CW machine.

That's why all us smart guys own one :p

Dan-Woodman
01-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Tom
The shark doesn't even come with a router motor. you must use your own trim router and turn it on by hand. and have a computer hooked to the shark.
later Daniel

baby15
10-04-2011, 07:47 PM
have to many errors with carvewright will be buying shark plus soon to try