PDA

View Full Version : Project designer refuses to run.

Pratyeka
01-16-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm trying to open the Project designer on my PC running on Wix XP SP3. It was running fine before today. Now only the initial splash screen appears briefly then nothing. I tried uninstalling it and re-install from cd, same thing. getting desperate here. Anyone has a clue?
Thanks.

cnsranch
01-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Now only the initial splash screen appears briefly then nothing.
Thanks.

Does your screen go blank, or does it seem to hang up with the "splash" still displayed?

The more patterns I have in Designer, the longer it takes to load up - although I only have about 40mb stored in patterns, the program will take longer than one with just the standard ones.

I was able to speed it up some by increasing my RAM.

Also make sure you don't have more than one "favorites" and one "basic" - that has cropped up before, doubling the amount of space needed.

Pratyeka
01-16-2009, 10:04 AM
nothing after ten minutes, does not even show up in the task manager.
Now I can't even login into my account on this website...:confused:

STEAM
01-16-2009, 10:16 AM
It is possible that Windows did an automatic update and changes a few files. This has happened to me before. Go to your Add Remove programs and look to see when the last updates were installed. There is a good chance there were some yesterday. If that is the case, you should be able to uninstall the updates and things should go back to normal.
Good Luck.

Pratyeka
01-16-2009, 03:55 PM
I want to thank Alex from the support team for sending me a list of commands to fix the WMI who apparently got corrupted somehow. Very impressed with the speedy response.:-D

atauer
01-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Your welcome. I had the same issue a few weeks ago after Service Pack 3 was finally installed on my work XP. Somehow, during the installation process, some of the files in the WMI were either corrupted or removed.

Those instructions were actually given to us from Microsoft, via one of there support boards. I like to frequent them.

jcorder
01-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Hey Alex!

It was -16 here this morning, you sure you don't want to jump a plane and come to the woodworking show this weekend? LOL

Jeff

atauer
01-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Hey Alex!

It was -16 here this morning, you sure you don't want to jump a plane and come to the woodworking show this weekend? LOL

Jeff

I'm good! We are actually doing a little re-arranging here in the Call Center, to give some of us "bigger" guys a little more breathing room.

There are two of us, both over 6 foot tall and over 200 lbs a piece, crammed into an area the size of a small utility closet.

That and we each have three different computers to work off of....

jcorder
01-16-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm good! We are actually doing a little re-arranging here in the Call Center, to give some of us "bigger" guys a little more breathing room.

There are two of us, both over 6 foot tall and over 200 lbs a piece, crammed into an area the size of a small utility closet.

That and we each have three different computers to work off of....

OK, you have fun! Just didn't want you to feel left out! Hey did they bring t-shirts with them? I am headed over tomorrow. Any messages for the rep that is there?

atauer
01-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Tell her that her DVD has been completed and will be on her desk Tuesday morning!

I don't know if they took any of the shirts. I think that they did.

jcorder
01-16-2009, 04:29 PM
I will pass along the message.