PDA

View Full Version : Error Loading Size

woodslicer
01-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Need Help Please! to undo cross cut measurement. This is what it shows on the LCD Main Menu:
1) Project Menu, I press it then,
> Moose Arrowhead then,
[ Error Loading Size: -10
Last Carving I cut length to 10 inches and need help to reset the machine.
Thanks

Digitalwoodshop
01-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Without posting your .mpc I don't have a clue....

Never saw that error.

AL

woodslicer
01-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Thank you for responding! :) and as you know I am very new to all this so I will send you the .mpc as soon as I figure out how to do attachments thru the Forum.

woodslicer
01-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Think I figured it out. Here's the .mpc (hopefully) that you requested.

atauer
01-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Woodslicer,

Have you tried reformatting the memory card and re-loading the project file?

woodslicer
01-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Yes, I have tried both and it is still doing the same thing.

jcorder
01-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Hey Alex,

Are you coming to balmy Ohio this weekend to the show? It is a warm 2 degrees here right now, on the way to -25 tonight with windchill!

Jeff

liquidguitars
01-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Board under 10" long?

LG

jcorder
01-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Did you try unplugging the machine and letting it set for about a minute then plug it back in? I have had a crash or two and had to do that to let the computer lose memory and reset itself.

Good luck
Jeff

woodslicer
01-15-2009, 05:34 PM
No, the board was 12.5 inches. But I updated to 1.132 and it cut it in metric instead of inches when I prompt it to 10 inches.
Didn't realize it went to metric when I updated.
Thank you for responding, glad for your interest to help. Can use all I can get!

woodslicer
01-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Thank you for the info. It is Greatly appreciated! I'm trying that right now. Will let you know if it works.

atauer
01-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Hey Alex,

Are you coming to balmy Ohio this weekend to the show? It is a warm 2 degrees here right now, on the way to -25 tonight with windchill!

Jeff

Nope. Sorry Jeff. Staying here were it is nice and warm.

I'm gonna clean up my desk this weekend while I am answering the phones.

Its gonna be a long weekend.

woodslicer
01-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Hey Alex, I checked out your blog and now am a registered member. Looking to the Mentors. Will take all advice and any info and put it to work.

jcorder
01-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Nope. Sorry Jeff. Staying here were it is nice and warm.

I'm gonna clean up my desk this weekend while I am answering the phones.

Its gonna be a long weekend.

Sorry you have to work the weekend, but thank you for working the weekends! You guys have saved me on several weekend occasions!

Jeff

woodslicer
01-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Well Jeff, I did what you suggested and it did not work either :(
It brings up Project Menu then the project which is the bear arrowhead I have attached ealier then goes directly to [Error Loading Size: -10 and won't let me go any further.

jcorder
01-15-2009, 06:02 PM
David,
I looked at your MPC and I don't see anything wrong with it. It has me totally stumped. Sorry I can't help, but I am sure there is someone on here that will pick up the problem.

Have you tried any other patterns to see if you get the same error?

Jeff

woodslicer
01-15-2009, 06:21 PM
Yes, I have tried others and get the same results. But thank you for your time and effort. Will gladly accept any and all suggestions. The memory card has been reformatted and it also will not let projects completely upload. It shuts down and says error and to reinsert the card and try again. Done that also, still no luck!

jcorder
01-15-2009, 06:48 PM
that makes me wonder if there is not a problem with the card itself. Perhaps it took a static hit and wiped out part of media.

Just grasping here
Jeff

geekviking
01-15-2009, 07:10 PM
it won't upload properly to the card, it probably isn't going to work in your CC/CW. Have you tried rebooting your computer & uploading to the card again? It may have something to do with your USB port or operating system (hiccup?). Try rebooting your system and see if it will upload to the card. If not, you probably have a damaged card or reader (or something wrong with the USB)... Hope it helps!

woodslicer
01-15-2009, 07:16 PM
That's kinda what I was thinking. Yesterday I was surfing the forums and came across the issue of static making cards crash. I have had my machine for only 2 months now so do you know if the card is protected under warranty or if I have to purchase another one. Or is there any way to reformat it to where it will work properly again?
Guess I better buy a six pack of em if.:)

woodslicer
01-15-2009, 07:22 PM
I have just recently updated to 1.132. I have shut the computer down and tried doing the same routine of uploading and still same errors. Should I maybe reinstall the software and upload the new update again?

jcorder
01-15-2009, 07:23 PM
That's kinda what I was thinking. Yesterday I was surfing the forums and came across the issue of static making cards crash. I have had my machine for only 2 months now so do you know if the card is protected under warranty or if I have to purchase another one. Or is there any way to reformat it to where it will work properly again?
Guess I better buy a six pack of em if.:)

Give LHR a call and talk to the techs, they can perhaps walk you through some tests.

Jeff

woodslicer
01-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Hey guys, if I don't answer back right away it's because it's time to take care of the animals, etc. Hope to be makin chips tomorrow. If anyone can help Please feel free to do so. Keep 'em comin!
Thanks to you all.

woodslicer
01-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Jeff, your effort is well appreciated. I will try LHR in the morning.
Don't hesitate to just drop a line to keep in touch and I will do the same.

jcorder
01-15-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm going to watch the thread. You have me racking my brain to try and come up with ideas!

Keep your chin up!

Jeff

TerryT
01-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Wow, I just noticed where you are David. Finally another carver in my area. I'm in spokane. We are almost neighbors.

Send me a private message with your phone number, if you like, and maybe I can take a look at your machine. One more thing, though. The mpc you posted has a comercial pattern on it and should probably be removed.

woodslicer
01-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi Terry,

Here is the .mpc you wanted and I also sent you a private msg.

Will be waiting eagerly to hear from you. Thanks for taking interest.