PDA

View Full Version : What is this dial's function?

Rocky
01-14-2009, 09:47 AM
On the keypad side, near the tracking belt, there is a little dial (see photo). I looked in the documentation, but I can't seem to find out its purpose. I assume one of you guys/gals know what it is for.

Thanks,

Kenm810
01-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Hey Rocky,

It's use to set the timer for the self destruct mechanism in the Carving Machine.

Actually it's Part number 96 - Strong back adjustment screw page 6 of the parts manual.
Used to adjust the tension of the board tracking encoder part #108

Digitalwoodshop
01-14-2009, 10:22 AM
I like the first answer better... :)

AL

Rocky
01-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Sometimes I think the first answer is a needed function. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

twiceretired
01-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Hey Rocky,

It's use to set the timer for the self destruct mechanism in the Carving Machine.

Actually it's Part number 96 - Strong back adjustment screw page 6 of the parts manual.
Used to adjust the tension of the board tracking encoder part #108

We have a built in self destruct - If you don't follow the guide lines "Clean, Clean, Clean, and Lube, Lube, Lube” and check for the little red line in the QC.

Digitalwoodshop
01-14-2009, 01:10 PM
I cut 2 signs in the shop yesterday and got the temp up to 45 before starting and the Spindle didn't like the cold for the first few minutes.... Thought it was going to self destruct... Next time I will also use the hair dryer to heat up the spindle.... I cut a bunch of signs in the 40's before but this time the temp was in the teens the night before. I know it is recommend to have the temp in the 50's....

I also see someday replacing the cut motor with a variable speed router..... Mounting it above and to the rear of the unit using the flex.

AL

LittleRedWoodshop
01-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Just wanted to say thank you to Ken - I actually laughed outloud - the wife didn't see the humor in it - but that was funny......